Lost all In-App Table Purchases - Steam Version

Pmarak

Apr 5, 2013
Fired up PBA last night and found that all my tables from in-app purchases were gone. Entire seasons, single table packs, everything.
The only thing left was a season three pack that I purchased from Steam directly. Anything from within the app....gone.

I tried verifying game cache, reloading everything, restarting steam, bouncing in and out of beta. Tables have remained missing.
Has anyone here had this happen? The Steam message board has reports of this from some users as well.

The Steam DLC store offers season packs to purchase but I'm not about to re-buy seasons I already own.

Any ideas guys ?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
someone elsewhere reported that the servers that handle in game purchases are probably down.
you have to be patient and wait for a fix I guess

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yes, be patient, there are problems surrounding in-game logins on all platforms - leaderboards, tournaments, etc. are all broken too.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
Fired up PBA last night and found that all my tables from in-app purchases were gone. Entire seasons, single table packs, everything.
The only thing left was a season three pack that I purchased from Steam directly. Anything from within the app....gone.

I have the same problem since last weekend. Now I am waiting for the server to be fixed.
I wonder if it is generally possible to play in Steam offline Mode when you have purchased the tables in-Game?

Sanguenolento

Nov 7, 2015
I have the same problem since last weekend. Now I am waiting for the server to be fixed.
I wonder if it is generally possible to play in Steam offline Mode when you have purchased the tables in-Game?

I bought several tables pack in game.
"Champion Pub" is the only one still working offline.
all other tables are gone.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
It's the old 'what happen's if Steam desolves' but in this case it is Farsight we have to worry about.

I hope they are economically healthy because I want to play my tables for many years yet (or until someone else does it better - but hey, who would emulate 65+ tables?).

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It's the old 'what happen's if Steam desolves' but in this case it is Farsight we have to worry about.

I hope they are economically healthy because I want to play my tables for many years yet (or until someone else does it better - but hey, who would emulate 65+ tables?).

You definitely should give VP a spin.
650+++ tables.
End of advertising.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
650+++ tables.
End of advertising.

Yeah, I really should set it up better. I installed the new v10 and tried out Judge Dredd; feel I need to tweak and check out more mods for the physics and how to optimize it for my comp.

Now I don't think getting VP tables are as bad as pirating video games or music but if I don't own the physical table I shouldn't use the ROM.
I can not fit a pinball table or more in my 1-room apartment so even if I had the cash to buy a table I don't really have the space. So the pinball companies I 'steal' the ROM from doesn't really lose any money on me; but that is the old piracy statement - "I would not buy this game so there not loosing any money on my anyway" - that doesn't really fly in court :p

But VP10 is great and is the life line if all else borks.

Pmarak

Apr 5, 2013
My IAP have returned. In another post Farsight have stated that they did indeed have server issues over the weekend.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
650+++ tables.
End of advertising.

If we pay so much money for table re-creations, we should be allowed to enjoy them. Hence, my number one beef with not being able to get a physical product (disc) these days. We are at the whims of a digital company's existence.

I don't hate on VP-it seems to do an admirable job re-creating tables. But you need a freakin' Doctorate in Computer Science just to play a table. You can have all necessary files and it still won't work properly.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Totally agreed about VP. It's amazing!

Also - how do I get my two purchased seasons of TPA to load in Steam? They're greyed out!

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I don't hate on VP-it seems to do an admirable job re-creating tables. But you need a freakin' Doctorate in Computer Science just to play a table. You can have all necessary files and it still won't work properly.

Yes - it is harder to install than TPA. But -- The VP community really helpful. Always willing to give a newb a walkthrough regarding setup. If I can install it, it ain't that hard. I promise!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Also - how do I get my two purchased seasons of TPA to load in Steam? They're greyed out!

Are they really gone? All my "Season" buttons are grayed out because I own them. If you have Medieval Madness and Firepower, you're good to go.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yes - it is harder to install than TPA. But -- The VP community really helpful. Always willing to give a newb a walkthrough regarding setup. If I can install it, it ain't that hard. I promise!

Having used Mame before, I will not look down on anyone who uses either that or VP. Speaking only for myself as a fan of retrogaming, I try to support any legal emulation I can, unless it's on a mobile platform (slingshotting wingless birds and "match-3" are all my eyes can handle on mobile.

Hence, I have purchased every table available thus far for TPA. And after seeing arcade archives on the PS4, I may have to get back on it. There are some true gems there. Salamander has just been released in Japan, alongside the Life Force rom option. I could import the Japanese versions, but I don't want to be prosecutet to the full extent of the jam.

I will admit, it's only a matter of time until curiosity gets the better of me and I start working to get VP on my computer. Especially if the rest of the "leaked" tables for season 5 are true. Seriously, NF is all I'm looking forward too. The others range from blah to okay. We shall see.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Are they really gone? All my "Season" buttons are grayed out because I own them. If you have Medieval Madness and Firepower, you're good to go.

Hmmm. Thanks for the reply! When I click on the greyed out file folders, nothing happens. I hear the little bell chime, but I'm not taken to the next page that allows me to scroll through purchased tables. I'm just stuck on the "previous season" page.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hmmm. Thanks for the reply! When I click on the greyed out file folders, nothing happens. I hear the little bell chime, but I'm not taken to the next page that allows me to scroll through purchased tables. I'm just stuck on the "previous season" page.

Ok, are you saying that none of your purchased tables are showing in the "My Tables" button?

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Fungi - I'm totally embarrassed. I haven't played TPA in a while and forgot that "My Tables" is the place to click. I saw this thread and jumped to the conclusion that mine were gone too. Silly of me.

Thanks for your help!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.