Do you prefer the new GUI (beta version), or the current GUI?

Do you prefer the new GUI (beta version), or the current GUI?

• Total voters

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I think there needs to be a quality of life update first, stuff like: scroll wheel intergration, pressing enter launches a table, sort order is remembered between pages and back-n-forth from tables before I vote.

the general layout seems fine enough, yeah some sorts could use groupings with headings but I'd be interested in what others have done to list 60+ games...

So far I've seen front-ends list them as icons or an art&list view

So the Old gui is kind of like the art&list view while the new one wants to be icons.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Vid was nice to see. I haven't used it, but it certainly looks like an improvement to me. I won't vote as I haven't used it yet.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Even though I think the layout makes it easier to select a table, the beta runs MUCH slower for me. It feels like I'm playing in slow motion.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Despite the global design is uglier than a 90's DVD menu, it seems there's a lot of improvements (sorting, all infos at a glance - HOF, goals, highscore- etc).

But OMG, it is so ugly.

Wasn't it possible to keep the previous menu design & colours (habitrails, orange arrow buttons) and add all these improvements to it?

Fortunately, they keep the yellow start button but we lose the full table view. :(

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I prefer the new GUI, but only just... assuming the feedback is taken into account and it's made easier to navigate using all possible input devices.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I hope that the new UI won't cause NoEx many issues for his cam mod. Since FS doesn't want to support cab, his mod is the only game in town.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Okay, it seems that the game only plays slowly when I use DX11. DX9 still works fine. Has nothing to do with the UI.

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Selected "Prefer new GUI" - very close for me.....needs a ton of work before going live.
Bring back the pinball machine pictures, maybe get rid of the singing on the new music, fix the other bugs and then I'll be happy.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
The new GUI is like a step forward but two steps back since it has no animations, iffy menu terminology and specifically built with mobile in mind. So when your on your console or PC hooked up to a television, I hope those table icons will be easy to identify.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Vastly prefer the new UI, especially when considering how open ended it leaves them for adding additional functionality. The old UI is a cramped apartment where you've started putting clothes in kitchen drawers because you've run out of space elsewhere. It might have character, but time to move. The new UI isn't fully decorated yet, but it functions way better.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
The old GUI works just fine on PS3 and PS4. The only thing that could be improved (and I just realize I never tried this) is "page up" / "page down" with the L1 / R1 buttons which comes in handy if the table you want is located somewhere in the middle of the alphabet.

The other thing that would be nice with the current PS3/PS4 GUI:
- See at-a-glance whether a tournament is currently active or not by way of doing something with the Tournament graphic
- Add more stats to the table than the goal-stars, to be displayed only once the "cursor" is sitting on one for say 3 seconds so it doesn't load stats unnecessarily.

karl

May 10, 2012
The new UI is better, for the most part.

It is far from perfect but there is a lot more custom options on how to show the tables and I do like that.

I am not too fond of the new table icons.

And why not an Icon for go to collection on the middle of the screen? why have what table of the month is, what table I played last and play a random table there instead? Stuff I would never use. Not a huge problem, though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The other thing that would be nice with the current PS3/PS4 GUI:
- See at-a-glance whether a tournament is currently active or not by way of doing something with the Tournament graphic
- Add more stats to the table than the goal-stars, to be displayed only once the "cursor" is sitting on one for say 3 seconds so it doesn't load stats unnecessarily.

But that's just it, they can't add anything more to the old UI. It wasn't designed for that and can't just have an add on put in. The new UI allows them to add a page whenever they'd like. Future items like head to head multiplayer also aren't do-able with the old UI. Simple truth is, it needs to be changed whether people like it or not.

The new UI is better, for the most part.

And why not an Icon for go to collection on the middle of the screen? why have what table of the month is, what table I played last and play a random table there instead? Stuff I would never use. Not a huge problem, though.

I agree that an icon in the middle of the screen would be better than having to go up to the icons up top. That being said, I do like the table of the month box, as when I play on a system other than PC where I don't have tables, quickly finding Table of the Month is much better than scrolling through 60 tables to figure out which it is. The random table was also a heavily requested feature. The previously played icon is a big plus to me, one I've used many times when playing TotW.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Does GUI mean "Grey Ugly Interface"?

Well, on PS3, we'll have it in 2018, so it's not a problem.

Members online

Members online