Hitting The Highwire Ramp Consistently

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
This ramp drives me crazy and I don't think I have a good enough handle on it yet. Do most of you hit it with the left flipper or the right ? Seems to me you can't hit the ramp from a trapped ball shot (right flipper) but it seems to work when the ball is coming down the Strike An Ark habitrail and you fire it on the tip of the flipper. Sometimes I nail it on the left flipper, but I can't figure out the best spot on the flipper to hit the ball.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
You can make the shot consistently from the right flipper. Playing the game just then, and only taking Highwire shots, I had success doing it both with trapped balls and moving balls. Try shooting for the ramp when the ball is just past half-way down the flipper. You should have success then.

May sound a bit strange, but it all comes down to having a "warm up" play on the table I find. Then you should have a feel for how you're playing that day and will be able to adjust your gameplay reflexes.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
May sound a bit strange, but it all comes down to having a "warm up" play on the table I find. Then you should have a feel for how you're playing that day and will be able to adjust your gameplay reflexes.

Is that why some days I'm a monster on a machine and other days, I can't hit anything but outlane draining posts?

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012

This is good advice for all the tables, really.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012

I'm different then I guess some of my best games are first try, if I have a real good game though I move on to another table.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm different then I guess some of my best games are first try, if I have a real good game though I move on to another table.

I do that as well. I usually go to the game I "want" to play first and have a few games. If I'm playing well, I stick with that table. If I'm sucking hard at that table, it's the Pinball Gods telling me to play another table.

Or it's the Pinball Gods telling me to go and play Anomaly Warzone: Earth. ;)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Hiting this ramp consistently takes practice, but as soon you reach stage 2 of join the circus it becomes ridiculous with another ball either blocking a shot or taking off enough momentum so ball wont pass through. I can get to this point almost every game WITH extra balls, Hardest shot consistently so far. So frustrated knowing that part is going to kill my game again and again. The right side lane is a JOKE! I had all 5 balls drain that side only.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Hiting this ramp consistently takes practice, but as soon you reach stage 2 of join the circus it becomes ridiculous with another ball either blocking a shot or taking off enough momentum so ball wont pass through. I can get to this point almost every game WITH extra balls, Hardest shot consistently so far. So frustrated knowing that part is going to kill my game again and again. The right side lane is a JOKE! I had all 5 balls drain that side only.

Look at the Ball Saver and let some balls drain on purpose if you can to clear the playfield.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.