Bug FarSight Leaderboards

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
this has been mentioned both here in the forums and on the fb page but I still haven't seen an official statement from FarSight. since the update scores got shuffeled around, e.g. high score for ToM now shows as high score for BH. will this be reverted in some way? or will the high scores be reset to 0 for every table in a future update? I really hope these scores won't just be left as is since I imagine no one will ever beat 20B on BH etc.

excuse me if the answer has been given by FarSight and I have missed it. cheers.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
this has been mentioned both here in the forums and on the fb page but I still haven't seen an official statement from FarSight. since the update scores got shuffeled around, e.g. high score for ToM now shows as high score for BH. will this be reverted in some way? or will the high scores be reset to 0 for every table in a future update? I really hope these scores won't just be left as is since I imagine no one will ever beat 20B on BH etc.

excuse me if the answer has been given by FarSight and I have missed it. cheers.

Which platform are you seeing this in?

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Which platform are you seeing this in?

sorry, forgot that; 6am here and been working for 12 hours...

I see this on iOS using version 1.1.5. both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S using iOS 5.1.1. thanks for the quick response.

edit: and with every update I always uninstall and reinstall the app.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
sorry, forgot that; 6am here and been working for 12 hours...

I see this on iOS using version 1.1.5. both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S using iOS 5.1.1. thanks for the quick response.

edit: and with every update I always uninstall and reinstall the app.

No problem. I forwarded this onto the correct person to look into it. In the future it's always good to email support@pinballarcade.com

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I just noticed the same thing. My ToM score has replaced my previous Black Hole score (which is a bit insane, as you can see from the scores in my signature). Fortunately, my Black Hole score is now listed as my ToM score (they were simply swapped), or I'd no longer have any idea what my BH score was.

I went through all my other scores, and discovered that the scores for FunHouse and Cirqus Voltaire have also been swapped. It was harder to notice that one, but because I made a note of them in my signature, I can clearly see that my Cirqus Voltaire score (84,851,090) has now become my FunHouse score (which *should* be 83,749,110), and vice-versa.

The bigger problem is that *new* scores are now being entered on the wrong list for Black Hole <--> Theatre of Magic, and FunHouse <--> Cirque Voltaire, and unless there's a date/time stamp that we can't see in the UI, there will be no easy way for FarSight to fix this later.

I've also run into another, separate issue with the leaderboards. As of the latest update with the new FarSight leaderboard account, all my scores are now being registered as 'Stormchild'. Prior to this, they were all posted under my real name via Facebook. I now have two separate sets of scores, and my old scores are listed among my Facebook "friends" leaderboard page. Is there any chance of having these merged, or do I now have to beat all my old scores to regain my ranking on the leaderboards? Bit disappointing, as it took quite a few months to achieve all those scores.

Seems like everything to do with the leaderboards is a bit of a disaster right now.

Last edited:

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
I've also run into another, separate issue with the leaderboards. As of the latest update with the new FarSight leaderboard account, all my scores are now being registered as 'Stormchild'. Prior to this, they were all posted under my real name via Facebook. I now have two separate sets of scores, and my old scores are listed among my Facebook "friends" leaderboard page. Is there any chance of having these merged, or do I now have to beat all my old scores to regain my ranking on the leaderboards? Bit disappointing, as it took quite a few months to achieve all those scores.

same thing for me, and everybody else using iOS I would imagine...

Seems like everything to do with the leaderboards is a bit of a disaster right now.

sadly it seems so. dunno if it can be fixed. if nothing else a reset would be preferred, since it's just no point having leaderboards where the figures mean nothing. then again we would end up with a lot of angry players...

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I updated my post after I discovered that FunHouse and Cirque Voltaire scores have *also* been swapped.

I should also mention that I'm running TPA on an iPad 3 with iOS 5.1.1.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Scores were really insane on Black Hole leaderboards (PS3) as of last night, I'll have to check them out again now that they are reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.