1.1.6 Update Now Available!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
In Beta (2 weeks back), this was the version that

-improved gamecenter performance
-fixed MM gap (but knocked the flashers out), but that made it into the released version as well. Hopefully lights fixed in this official update
-supposed facebook login fix
-fixes for BOP
-fixes lowres Gorgar texture

Don't know what they changed, added since that feedback round.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
This is weird. I just redownloaded and got my MM lights back, but when I check the version, it shows 1.1.5. Hmmmm?

Edit: So now I updated over the top of the old version and got 1.1.6. Now the stuttering on Gorgar with GameCenter turned on has stopped.

Last edited:

geremy

Aug 3, 2012
So I'm very confused about whether I need to delete the application and re-install to get the table updates, or if just updating over the top of the old version was enough to get them. Anyone have a definitive answer?

ikelleigh

Apr 18, 2012
Was this a borked update? I don't see anything different at all. No tables redownloaded like they did in previous patches.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Was this a borked update? I don't see anything different at all. No tables redownloaded like they did in previous patches.

the gorgar slowdowns/stuttering that made the table almost unplayable have been fixed - interestingly without requiring redownloading indeed

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you want the latest table files, your best bet is to delete the app and re-download with each update, because some of the tables don't re-download automatically, even though several of the tables are patched (Farsight really needs to fix this so it always re-downloads the latest table version).

Be sure to back up your scores/goals first though:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/811-Back-up-your-scores-goals

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
In Beta (2 weeks back), this was the version that

-improved gamecenter performance
-fixed MM gap (but knocked the flashers out), but that made it into the released version as well. Hopefully lights fixed in this official update
-supposed facebook login fix
-fixes for BOP
-fixes lowres Gorgar texture

Don't know what they changed, added since that feedback round.

That's odd. I've got the update installed, but I'm not seeing any of those fixes. If anything, the lower half of the Gorgar playfield background is now even more obviously lower res than the top half. Or maybe it's the same as before and I just didn't notice before? Either way, there's now an obvious seam where the two textures meet, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.

MM still looks the same to me (though it's hard to tell at a glance). The lights are still working though (I never did the force-re-download, so I never had the issue where the lights went dead).

What exactly was fixed on BoP? I don't remember running into any issues on that table, so I'm not sure what to look for.

I didn't have to redownload any tables after installing the update, which seems a little odd, as previous updates that fixed specific tables always required redownloading those tables. Perhaps that's why I'm not seeing any of the fixes?

The leaderboards are still completely hosed, with previous scores still swapped between ToM<-->BH and FH<-->CV. The hall of fame points still don't make any sense. Tonight I got pretty decent scores on both BoP and Ripley's, and I still have only 7 and 5 points respectively. Meanwhile I have 187 for Gorgar, for some reason, and my score is nothing spectacular.

I also just completed the wizard goals on BoP tonight, and didn't get the achievement for it (I never disabled Game Center, so it should have registered).

Bit of a mess right now, isn't it? :(

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
That's odd. I've got the update installed, but I'm not seeing any of those fixes. If anything, the lower half of the Gorgar playfield background is now even more obviously lower res than the top half. Or maybe it's the same as before and I just didn't notice before? Either way, there's now an obvious seam where the two textures meet, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.

MM still looks the same to me (though it's hard to tell at a glance). The lights are still working though (I never did the force-re-download, so I never had the issue where the lights went dead).

What exactly was fixed on BoP? I don't remember running into any issues on that table, so I'm not sure what to look for.

I didn't have to redownload any tables after installing the update, which seems a little odd, as previous updates that fixed specific tables always required redownloading those tables. Perhaps that's why I'm not seeing any of the fixes?

The leaderboards are still completely hosed, with previous scores still swapped between ToM<-->BH and FH<-->CV. The hall of fame points still don't make any sense. Tonight I got pretty decent scores on both BoP and Ripley's, and I still have only 7 and 5 points respectively. Meanwhile I have 187 for Gorgar, for some reason, and my score is nothing spectacular.

I also just completed the wizard goals on BoP tonight, and didn't get the achievement for it (I never disabled Game Center, so it should have registered).

Bit of a mess right now, isn't it? :(

Check the last few posts. You're going to have to delete the app and re-download it to get the latest tables updates, unfortunately.

On BoP, the 10 billion typo was fixed, and the Pinbot value lights now work.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
Dear all, I am very hesitant to delete the app or the tables. surely, in a future update there will be the option to redownload the tables within the app (as has been the case in earlier updates)?

Last edited:

ikelleigh

Apr 18, 2012
Yeah, I don't want to lose all of my scores/goals just because Farsight forgot to turn on a "redownload updated tables" flag in the app. I'll wait for the next update. This is getting sad. I think the company has some growing pains and they really need a QA department.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
the same goes for the standard goals achievenment - if gamecenter is able to recognize existing wizard goals, it should be possible to implement this feature for standard goals as well

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Dear all, I am very hesitant to delete the app or the tables. surely, in a future update there will be the option to redownload the tables within the app (as has been the case in earlier updates)?

Yeah, I don't want to lose all of my scores/goals just because Farsight forgot to turn on a "redownload updated tables" flag in the app. I'll wait for the next update. This is getting sad. I think the company has some growing pains and they really need a QA department.

You can back up your goals/scores with these instructions:

But yes, I agree....they really need to make the latest tables download automatically. It's a pain to have to keep deleting and reinstalling.

Gingerzilla

Jun 17, 2012
Grrrr now I need an update for the update :) or is it a patch to a patch?? Anyway it's only gonna get better I figure.
Personally I want my new tables :)

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
You can back up your goals/scores with these instructions:

But yes, I agree....they really need to make the latest tables download automatically. It's a pain to have to keep deleting and reinstalling.

screws up your achievements in gamecenter as far as i can tell. tried it 3 times deleting and reinstalling. my scores and achievements are all a mess now. some are there, some are gone, some don't work.

Gingerzilla

Jun 17, 2012
Yeah now I have user names all over the place and hi-scores here and there with different friends unable to link or find me. It's a mess. Wish it would be sorted out.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.