Request Mirror Mode

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Would it be possible to get Mirror Mode in TPA like we saw in PHOF? I felt that it was a great way to shake things up when a table was starting to feel old, and forced you to really pay attention to the timing and angle of your shots.

Would this difficult to implement in TPA? Anyone else in favor of it?

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
It was really cool on very asymmetrical tables like Whirlwind - it´s surprising how much it messes with your brain! I guess it´s super easy to implement and fun to play around with, for one of those rainy days when you don´t feel like doing serious runs. Yeah, it´s a gimmick, but a pretty cool one :)

By the way, very cool avatar, Bass Mummy!

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
It was really cool on very asymmetrical tables like Whirlwind - it´s surprising how much it messes with your brain! I guess it´s super easy to implement and fun to play around with, for one of those rainy days when you don´t feel like doing serious runs. Yeah, it´s a gimmick, but a pretty cool one :)

By the way, very cool avatar, Bass Mummy!

Hey, thanks.

You make a very good point about symmetry vs asymmetry. I hadn't even considered that. And yeah, it is a gimmick, sure, but if it turns out it's not a huge pain to implement, why not add some variety?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Im we'll get all the toys from PHOF like the different balls wich was on GottliebsHOF and mirror, why would they leave it out now? I believe the balls were actually announced.
Ball Skins : FarSight stated that they will definitely offer ball skins in the future.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It's partially implemented, however I had some issues with the ball reflection. The camera matrix that mirrors the table, breaks the ball reflection. I wasn't able to fix that in a quick way so mirror mode is disabled until we have time to look into it.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We have some test ball skins in, at some point Jason will go through and make sure they look good and maybe add to them.

The ones I looked at so far, looked good with the ball reflection as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.