I was able to download DLC#3 on a different console.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I got DLC#3 as soon as it appeared. I bunged my profile on a card and took it to a friends. By going to settings/account/download history, I was able to download it again. It was playable for his and my profiles. After removing the MC it was still playable on his profile. The tables disappear if the 360 is rebooted without my profile.

Make of this what you will.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yes, that's known. Your purchase is connected to your profile AND your console. So you can play it on another console with your profile or play it on your console with another profile.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Yes, that's known. Your purchase is connected to your profile AND your console. So you can play it on another console with your profile or play it on your console with another profile.

I know that but wasn't it supposed to have been taken offline completely?

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
only from the marketplace...

stuff you bought can be redownloaded via download history even if the game/dlc is no longer available on the marketplace itself...

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Also, if was playable on another console with another profile as long as the game was started with the profile that payed for the DLC.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I know that but wasn't it supposed to have been taken offline completely?
No, plenty of ppl bought it on the net through xbox.com on their pc/ios/android in the morning and downloaded it later on their 360 after it was taken if the marketplace. Imagine the outrage if a company denied delivering a product people had paid for.

Also, if was playable on another console with another profile as long as the game was started with the profile that payed for the DLC.
Yea the xbox booted the unlocked full version executable, this works for all xbla games.

Last edited:

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
Someone with DLC#3 PM me your login so I can just redownload it on my system and give it a go for a few hours or so! Just kidding, I wouldn't trust anyone with that so I should expect the same. If I could buy it I would!

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Someone with DLC#3 PM me your login so I can just redownload it on my system and give it a go for a few hours or so! Just kidding, I wouldn't trust anyone with that so I should expect the same. If I could buy it I would!

Also, Microsoft have been banning consoles for this lately.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Also, Microsoft have been banning consoles for this lately.

Why? Its bound to my profile and im allowed to take my profile to another xbox and play my games there?

I could see issues with buying it on one console (which attaches the license to it) and then take my profile to my own console to play it there for my own use, but I should be able to use my profile and thus games on another console.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Why? Its bound to my profile and im allowed to take my profile to another xbox and play my games there?

I could see issues with buying it on one console (which attaches the license to it) and then take my profile to my own console to play it there for my own use, but I should be able to use my profile and thus games on another console.

Right, you are describing the legitimate and intended use. But there has been a rash lately of accounts engaging in the "trading" of downloads with random other users.

szycag

Apr 19, 2012
Even if you're just letting someone use the content under your account for a bit and not actually moving the license from one system to another? You can only do the license shift thing once every four months too. I don't know how they would identify the intended use vs. the intent to "trade".

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Even if you're just letting someone use the content under your account for a bit and not actually moving the license from one system to another? You can only do the license shift thing once every four months too. I don't know how they would identify the intended use vs. the intent to "trade".

Yes, even if you're just violating your terms of use agreement in that manner instead of some other manner. They know how many consoles have authorized content signed to your profile. There is some sensible threshold above which you are probably trading.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.