Request Performance impact of IPad notifications

Quasimondo

Aug 19, 2012
I fear this is probably something that ipad apps are not allowed to do, but I would love an option that allows me to completely mute any notifications from other apps (Facebook, mail etc.) during gameplay. Whenever one of those pops up over the game, the framerate temporarily drops and the ball(s) go into slow motion for a fraction of a second. Of course this always happens whilst a ball is just rolling down one of the flippers, which results mostly in a drain.

And yes, I could switch off notifications in the iPad settings but having to do that all the time is a bit tedious.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
Don't worry in iOS 6 there is a Do Not Disturb option for notifications and calls. In the meantime i have only the more important notifications with banners, the remaining i have only the sound notification enable that doesn't impact performance.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i've noticed that the game takes the same performancec hit if you click the up or down volume button on the side of the ipad. i think the performance hit may be related to the graphical overlay that pops up, as opposed to anything specific to gamecenter itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.