@FarSight Regarding Releasing Two DLC Tables A Month

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
FarSight...We all appreciate the fact that you strive to provide us with two DLC tables per month, but I want to be the first to say that I don't want to see two tables a month if it's going to come at a price...namely quality. I will always choose quality over quantity, especially for something as special as what you are in the process of creating for all of us who have dreamed of this our whole lives. I personally didn't think that what you're doing would ever be possible and now that it has become a reality, I don't want to see the quality of the product suffer when the pressure begins to mount. I understand you've already got two tables ready (and they look awesome) for the first DLC release, but I'm sure it took you longer than a month to get these beauties up and running. I realize I have no idea how many tables you're currently working on, how many people you have working on them or how far in advance you begin working on tables, but I believe at some point, trying to release two tables every month will prove to be tough. I don't want to see the quality of tables decrease over time just so you can meet a schedule you've promised us. I want to play fully featured, fully rendered, high quality tables that you've promised us and if at some point release dates look to be slipping, I'm begging you to do the right thing and take the extra time needed to give each and every table the attention it needs to see a proper release. I hope it never gets to that point, but if it does, please always remember that the majority of us would prefer quality over quantity.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I can only speculate but I would guess they probably have quite a few tables ready to go with afldditional ones in various steps of completion. Plus any task becomes easier with repetition so the time to complete a table will become faster with every cOmpleted project.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can only speculate but I would guess they probably have quite a few tables ready to go with afldditional ones in various steps of completion. Plus any task becomes easier with repetition so the time to complete a table will become faster with every cOmpleted project.

The disassembling of the tables to model them is the one thing that sticks in my mind and I can only imagine how much of a nightmare a table like Creature From The Black Lagoon was to model. I just don't see how modeling and adjusting physics to match each individual table would become easier since each table has it's own unique layout and physics.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'd imagine that they wouldn't be dismantling old tables that are getting a re-release this time, so that will help, but I certainly under your point. One a month is fine, and odd months if they have two ready, then yeah, why not?
I'm really looking forward to no good gofers after seeing the new medieval madness!
Totan, can't wait for that too!
The xbox video for the theatre of magic didn't have any proper lighting, and its an old video, so I hope it's as good as mm at least.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Yeah, I think they probably have quite a few tables either ready or in the process of getting ready. The making of video came out a few months ago, and you could see a few tables in that video that they were working on that they haven't even announced yet.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'd imagine that they wouldn't be dismantling old tables that are getting a re-release this time, so that will help, but I certainly under your point. One a month is fine, and odd months if they have two ready, then yeah, why not?
I'm really looking forward to no good gofers after seeing the new medieval madness!
Totan, can't wait for that too!
The xbox video for the theatre of magic didn't have any proper lighting, and its an old video, so I hope it's as good as mm at least.

Have you played MM on the Pinball Hall of Fame Collection lately? The proportion ratio isn't accurate on some if not most of the plastics and toys that make up the table and it has a cartoony look to it. In the new DLC video, the proportion ratio of all the plastics and toys seem to be spot on and the table has a realistic look to it which makes me think they rebuilt the table again. I just don't want the tables to suffer in quality over time, but you all make some great points.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Have you played MM on the Pinball Hall of Fame Collection lately? The proportion ratio isn't accurate on some if not most of the plastics and toys that make up the table and it has a cartoony look to it. In the new DLC video, the proportion ratio of all the plastics and toys seem to be spot on and the table has a realistic look to it which makes me think they rebuilt the table again. I just don't want the tables to suffer in quality over time, but you all make some great points.

They did say that even previously done tables will be redone from the ground up so all the weirdness with mm will be eliminated. To my earlier point I was saying, any task that anyone performs can be challenging at first. With experience and repetition, it becomes second nature. So as more tables are done, the tasks related to converting them to digital can be performed much faster. That should reduce buildout time for a finished product.

Members online

Members online