USB/BT Joystick Center config for Pinball Arcade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Android folks,

I'm pleased to announce a near-fully functional USB/BT Joystick Center configuration file for Pinball Arcade!

The downside is that it requires USB/BT Joystick Center's add-on, Joy2Touch to allow me to properly map the controls - Pinball Arcade has NO physical controls support (I've been begging - apparently on deaf ears). This DOES require root access unfortunately.

But, for those that can use it, this configuration gives you near-complete control of the game with REAL controls. Here are the release notes:

Because this uses the Joy2Touch addon for USB/BT Joystick Center - you will need ROOT on your device and J->T must be on in the USBJoy App. This config assumes a 7" screen (was created on the Nexus 7) in portrait orientation. It may work on other configurations.

This game is NOT meant for physical controls at all - so most menu items, etc. will require touch screen access. Some tables that have "press to launch", you can use Button A. Anything with a plunger, you have to use the screen.

Keymappings: (Horizontal Orientation)

Left Flipper = Left
Right Flipper = Button 2
Nudge Left = Right
Nudge Right =Button 1
Special Button (Harley Davidson/BK Right Magna) = Button A
Special Button (BK Left Magna) = Up
Toggle View = Button B
Pause = Home Button
Touch Editor = Button +

Full instructions how to use USB/BT Joystick Center and the configs themselves are all at my Android Gaming site, Green Robot Gamer.

http://wiki.greenrobotgamer.com/techsupport/usingusbjoy.php

Enjoy! Physical controls seriously boost my score.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
This shows you essentially what I did to create the config.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
...moved to the Android forum.

Nice work! I'm sure this will come in handy :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Based on your awesome work already, I was inspired Shane!

Here is my Wii Classic Pro controller mapping for TPA. I have sent the mapping XML to you via gmail so you can host it on your site.

I have to say it is pretty awesome to be able to use the analog stick to launch the ball, and have full access to the 5 button in-table menu.

The only time you have to touch the screen with this mapping is to to swipe through the tables, or access the in-game view change button.

Map Start = Home Button
Map Stop = Minus button

Game Select Menu

Start Button = D-pad Down

Table Controls

Left Flipper = L
Right Flipper = R
Left Special Button = Lz
Right Special Button = Rz
Left Tilt = D-pad Left
Right Tilt = D-pad Right
Plunge ball = right analog stick (works for the Steps plunger in FunHouse as well)

Table Menu Controls

Top Left Table Menu/In-Game Pop-up Menu Left = y
Top Right Table Menu/In-Game Pop-up Menu = x
Bottom Left Table Menu = b
Bottom Right Table Menu = a
Start Button = Start

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Indeed it is. Many thanks for creating this. I never spotted this before. About time to root my Nexus 7 I think :) .

Has anyone tried portrait yet?

Because the mappings are xy screen coordinates, you will need to make a horizontal map ( what I provided), and a vertical map.

Note if you are playing on a flat screen monitor using HDMI out, horizontal is your only choice.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Shane, What's required on FS' part to make this possible without rooting?
Is it a matter of them assigning some BT Keys to the controls in the background?
I used to enjoy Visual Pinball on PC keyboard. Tactile feedback would really add to TPA :)

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Yeah, that's about it. We need at the VERY least, keyboard equivalents for everything. A simple config screen would be best; allowing us to map either keys or game pad controls to any action in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online