Round 4: Vote on Your Questions for Bobby King (Pick 5)

Please PICK FIVE Questions

• Plans for a single-player tournament mode (no extra balls, separate leaderboard, etc.)

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Options to adjust physical options on the tables, such as the outlane posts, playfield pitch, etc.?

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • When will Cirqus Voltaire's bugs be addressed?

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Would you ever alter a table's backglass if that were the only licensing impossibility?

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Any progress with the day/night table lighting slider?

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • Would you consider lengthening the release cycle in order to address bugs?

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • When will we be able to play our own music in the background on each device?

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • Will you ever sell TPA merchandise?

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Will you be changing the menu layout soon? If so, how?

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Why have we not seen any in-progress videos or demos of Twilight Zone - and when will we?

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Are head-to-head / turn based multiplayer games over net a possibility?

• When willl the physics of the older tables be brought up to the level of the newer tables?

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Can you add a manual custom camera option, as well as portrait views for consoles?

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Will there ever be a use for credits? Are they currently totalled in the game save file?

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Can you explain the Uncle Sam and "coming Soon" window seen in the various versions of the game?

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Can we expect a lighting upgrade on mobile devices this year?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Would you guys consider releasing a benchmark test of TPA for the PC?

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • When is the "sound overhaul" coming, and what are the details of it?

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Will we ever be able to customize the controls?

• Are you considering adding more randomness or variation to certain events?

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Can you give us a status update on PS Vita version? Seems the bugs aren't being addressed.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • How do you decide which and what order of tables to release?

• Can we please have saveable per-table camera settings?

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Any chance of selling table mods in the future?

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • With all the tables you're purchasing and restoring, would you ever open a public pinball arcade?

• Will there be an announcement of 5 or so new machines you acquired that weren't on PHOF?

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Are you generally speaking happy with the development of TPA?

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Would you consider a vote, here on TPAF, on unlicensed table(s) for future release?

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Any plans to improve nudging on touchscreen devices?

• When can we expect iCADE support?

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's time to vote on which questions will be selected for the next round of the Forum Interview with Bobby King from Farsight! Please select 5 Questions from the poll. Bobby will answer the top 5 questions when he gets time.

I picked 30 random questions (with a few carryover questions from the last poll), and some questions were either combined or condensed to save space in the poll (the forum only allows so many characters per question, so the questions will most likely be expanded when they are presented to Bobby).

If your question didn't get picked this time around, or it doesn't get voted in, don't worry because this will be a reoccurring event, so you can always resubmit your question for the next round. Some people submitted multiple questions, but there is only space for 30 questions so I couldn't include every single question, but I tried to get at least one question from everyone who submitted.

Thanks again for submitting your questions, and to HOW (Andy) for the idea, and another big thank you to Bobby for graciously agreeing to take part.

Note: Please do not complain about the questions. I only add questions that the community provides. It's up to you (the voters) to decide which questions are the best, and there's no need to complain if others vote for something you don't like.

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
A lot of good questions, I wish I could vote for more than 5. I'm glad there are multiple rounds so things that aren't asked can be resubmitted. Bobby is doing a really good thing for us, I for one appreciate it.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Cheers Jeff :)
Sound overhaul....? WTF?!

*Voting
*iCade/Controls
*TZ
*Bugs

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
* TZ Progress
* Vita Bugs addressed
* Day/night option
* unlicensed voting on TPAF
* sound overhaul update

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Come on people, back me up on fixing CV bugs!, that table is a shambles! :mad:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm dismayed, why isn't everyone concerned about the state of CV? I consider that table unplayable on iOS and pretty buggy on 360 too. Every time I give it another chance I can't complete 1 game without getting 2 balls in the plunger, the camera stuck in the wrong place or balls just getting stuck and having to call the attendant.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm dismayed, why isn't everyone concerned about the state of CV? I consider that table unplayable on iOS and pretty buggy on 360 too. Every time I give it another chance I can't complete 1 game without getting 2 balls in the plunger, the camera stuck in the wrong place or balls just getting stuck and having to call the attendant.

I can only speak for myself, but, while I run into the odd bug here and there, I generally can finish my games on the 360, and haven't really played it on iOS since it was TotM

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
@SilverBallAddict
Thanks! :cool:
If not, I will ask it again and again and again and again....

karl

May 10, 2012
Thanks Jeff. Good work. One thing I do not get is; Why waste time about bug questions? The answer is always gonna be the same. They are fixing all known bugs as soon as possible (I can understand the frustration though) Lots of other great questions. Looking forward to Bobby's reply as always. Great of him to take the time.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Come on people, back me up on fixing CV bugs!, that table is a shambles! :mad:

Maybe they feel that as soon as FarSight isolates the problem , they will readily fix it , but when I see thread posts , where folks dont bother to give accurate reports on what was going on before the bug occurs , LET ALONE the actual platform of the 5 they list as having the game on ? I seriously doubt that will ever happen . Most people here are awesome about details that are useful tracking down and replicating bugs , but some are not .

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Maybe they feel that as soon as FarSight isolates the problem , they will readily fix it , but when I see thread posts , where folks dont bother to give accurate reports on what was going on before the bug occurs , LET ALONE the actual platform of the 5 they list as having the game on ? I seriously doubt that will ever happen . Most people here are awesome about details that are useful tracking down and replicating bugs , but some are not .

I feel that the majority of the posts in either the individual systems forums or the specific table forum provide sufficient detail from the perspective of a paying customer who is constantly experiencing bugs and glitches when playing the game. Since we are not involved in the development of the game at all, the most we can do is say what happened when we were playing the game. In relation to CV, many of the problems don't even need a detailed description. Just shoot the cannon ball on the backglass a few times and it will fly out. Or shoot the high-wire ramp a few times and the ball will go through it. These are things that are seen multiple times a game and make me seriously doubt the testing that was done on these tables prior to release. The only real solution would be for FS to create a form with fields for the required information when reporting a bug, but then that would make us paying beta testers for what has been a product of declining quality.

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I feel that the majority of the posts in either the individual systems forums or the specific table forum provide sufficient detail from the perspective of a paying customer who is constantly experiencing bugs and glitches when playing the game. Since we are not involved in the development of the game at all, the most we can do is say what happened when we were playing the game. In relation to CV, many of the problems don't even need a detailed description. Just shoot the cannon ball on the backglass a few times and it will fly out. Or shoot the high-wire ramp a few times and the ball will go through it. These are things that are seen multiple times a game and make me seriously doubt the testing that was done on these tables prior to release. The only real solution would be for FS to create a form with fields for the required information when reporting a bug, but then that would make us paying beta testers for what has been a product of declining quality.

People always use the excuse "Im not paying to be a beta tester " , you don't want to help out the game ? Then enjoy your bugs , it's that simple , as for the Circus Voltair bug it's happened to me twice , on the PS Vita , the game has never lost the ball it just flies out the side and comes back into the game playfield , it has never happened to my PS3 version that I recall , from the posts I've read from Mike R. they are having great difficulty tracking down the flaw that causes this.
You think because a few tables go odd once in a while that this game is bad quality , I think you'd be hard pressed finding better games at $10 a pop , that receives the attention they put into it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry, I didn't mean to turn my thoughts on CV into a big issue. I have reported them many times in the iOS forum and the beta forum as well as emails to FS. I just wanted to hear FS's response as they never respond to emails that I know of. Until the game braking bugs are fixed it will remain gathering virtual dust on my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts