An Idea For FarSight's Next Project

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
As much as I love TPA, I've been on a huge video pinball kick recently, which I think may have influenced me to have this idea: how about a series of digital tables themed around some of the greatest hits of iOS? This would naturally include Angry Birds (which would have plenty of multiball opportunities), Infinity Blade (all about the skillshots) and Temple Run (combo-rama), with options for a fourth (so we can have a core pack of 4 tables just like TPA) including Chaos Rings (hard mode-based table), Pizza Vs. Skeletons (easier mode-based table) and Where's My Water? (tricky jack-of-all-trades). I've noticed that several forum members seem to dislike most video pinball on principle, but FarSight are the ones who could finally get it completely right, IMO. Am I on to something here or am I just chasing my own tail?

P.S. I apologize if I posted this on the wrong board, but Other Pinball Games seemed like the closest fit for this topic.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not so much interested in that idea as I would be with FarSight getting a known designer to build a brand new custom table (like ProPinball is wanting to do with Lawlor).

You're not chasing your own tail so much as barking up the wrong tree! I think FarSight is more interested in recreating tables than designing, and then throw in they'd have to work closely with the licensees and design around their needs. Yeah, Zen has that end all wrapped up.

trachea

Aug 17, 2012
Looks like Zen has a fantasy table all wrapped up already:

Plants vs Zombies pinball

I would definitely agree that Farsight needs to focus on real-world tables. The only way I could see this coming to fruition would be for them to: 1) Make a deal with each game company and 2) hire a real-world pinball designer a la what Pro Pinball is attempting to do. #2 probably won't happen any time soon.

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
With so many real pinball tables around that can be digitized and brought into TPA I'm not hoping FarSight will go for another project soon... And yes, Zen is already doing a great job on making this kind of tables.

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
It still makes me wonder why there hasn't ever been a proper Sonic The Hedgehog (based on the first three games or whatever) by Sega. There were lots and lots of video pinball games, but a proper machine would have worked so well. These little polygon trees in the back of the machine, a huge Robotnik toy you have to hit like in CV, and those beautifully abstract, colorful patterns from Greenhill zone would look so tasty on a ramp-heavy playfield.

Maybe a ring spinner that makes the piercing ring collect sound when you hit it, little CRT screens for collecting extras, the Chemical Plant theme, bright red and white bumpers... And I don't even like the actual games all that much, but the design was just very charismatic.

But yeah, leave the annoying iOS franchises to Zen where they don't bother me :p (Plants vs Zombies was kinda cool, though. Had a neat boss theme!)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.