New Bug / Glitch?

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
Hi,

Ive had a look around the forum and cant see any mention of this issue, so here goes...

Im on PS3 in Europe and since Wednesday (19/9), TPA has been seriously playing up. In short, the camera randomly switches between fixed and moving, the camera can also switches between aspects, and on top of that, the HUD switches on and off. Does anybody have a fix for this or encountered this previously.

Ive exited the game, exited the table, even reloaded the download and the problem hasnt been rectified.
I have to say its a real game changer.

Cheers!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
you (or someone else) have been randomly pressing the buttons on your pad

triangle is hud on/off, square and circle are for locking the view and changing between the cameras...

also, you can enable/disable the multiball view in the menus

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My wife was having a similar HUD problem. She wasn't hitting the triangle. I finally had to watch her to confirm it. What we finally figured out was that when she hit the left analog stick at the same time as R1 it would turn off the HUD. Playing around with her controller in other games I figured out that hitting the left analog stick at the same time as R1 in other games would activate whatever the triangle button did. So there must have been a short in that controller or something. Anyway, I got her a new controller and now no more HUD issues. I had a similar problem with another controller a few years ago. Every time I'd sprint in a particular FPS I would throw a grenade. I think after a while the board in those controllers can get worn to the point of shorting out. That's my theory anyway.

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
Yes, I was thinking it was the controller, but I have two controllers and its the same on both.
Ive narrowed it down that square/circle or triangle is randomly pressed when I use L1 (ie straight after a flipper shot) (and trust me, Im used to pressing circle sometimes when pressing R1!)
I pretty much solely play RBION nowadays so havent really tested it on other tables - but in many ways its good to know its NOT a bug as that narrows the source of my problem down a bit. It goes away after 3/4 games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.