Playstation Store update in N.America DELAYED

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I don't understand why it was delayed in the US and UK but it's currently live in Australia and New Zealand...

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
The European store launch was a complete shambles, with the store disappearing and then reappearing over the space of a day. When it was there, it was painfully slow to initially load (it is now an installed program like Netflix or Youtube instead of being embedded in firmware). Once in there, navigation was slow and cumbersome with many items failing to load. Purchasing has been made more complicated with more layers to get through before checking out and even if you were getting something free, you were still forced through all the steps. It has since been taken down for the UK and France I believe.

On the plus side, the product visibility was much better, with full screen real estate being used to make items look more attractive. Also, as the store is a program, it means updates and new features can easily be pushed without the need for a whole firmware upgrade. Hopefully this means it won't take long for them to address the teething troubles.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I don't understand why it was delayed in the US and UK but it's currently live in Australia and New Zealand...

Multiple problems.

My guess is we won't receive a new store redesign until the PS4 hits.. Which is fine by me. With the exception of the lack of a wishlist and being able to check messages or chat
while shopping it was fine.

Last edited:

Fritti

Jul 27, 2012
Strange, I still have the new store in .NL. I can't say that it's a good design, but not having had a PS3 for long it's not much better or worse than before in my opinion. I'd think that a store update would not cause issues for the software on it though, but hey it's a console world and stranger things have happened...

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Well the new store is back up again for me as of the early hours of today (sunday). What a difference a few days make; it is now very quick at loading icons and videos with none missing unlike on wednesday. Initial impressions have been improved as I personally like the larger/clearer visual style.

Pinball Arcade has it's own game hub where you get to see the main program, with every DLC listed directly underneath on the same page... no more searching the store in a seperate DLC area. It could really do with a few images of each table or better still some video clips to really sell it. Hopefully Farsight will submit some to be included in the near future.

A couple of downers with the store are that it is no longer possible to add credit to your account from within the store unless you are at the moment of purchase. The search is a bit hit and miss currently too. I searched for "Red Johnson's Chronicles" and it only showed the demo, with no sign of the "Unlock" to purchase. The developers have said that the search will improve as more people use it so this is hopefully a temporary issue.

So, after a terrible launch the turnaround has been quick. Perhaps it won't take too long to come to NA afterall.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.