Bug Mac Version 1.0.5 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.0.5 bugs and feedback here!

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I discovered this bug after downloading the new tables. It's actually a bug I'd like to see stay in the game though. Here's a craptastic video of it that I made. I wish I could tell you which keys I'm hitting to cause this to happen. However I'm using a 360 controller that's only partially mapped for this game. The buttons I'm hitting weren't actually mapped to any keys for the game. But hitting them is what pulls up this debug window. I'll be submitting a full bug report on this very soon.

Edit: After playing with the controller for a while, I've figured out how to go through all the menus etc. Kind of nice being able to see all the tables close up now.

Last edited:

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
Thank You for fixing the instruction menu!

Bug in No Good Gophers where the Whirlwheel flashing pointer doesn't actually give you that goal or even one close to it. I was seeing if maybe it was reading a few spaces left or right, but it is just completely random.

Sometimes it would be the flashing pointer, other times it was three to the right another time it was 4 to the left... Very frustrating when your going for a high score, because some of the modes just aren't worth putting out...so you would want to hit the spinners to change it. And one of them is the bad shot... never want to purposefully aim to put out when that would be pointed to, but alas, I got it a few times, even when the pointer wasn't pointing to it.

Whizkid33

Sep 25, 2012
As per before as well, extra buttons/nudge doesn't work when a flipper is engaged.

There is a noticeable delay in when pressing space bar before the plunger starts to get pulled back

I know other members posted stuff in the 1.0.4 thread. I feel these two should be be taken seriously and fixed in the next update as these seriously detract from the overall game play experience. The OSX is a great platform for TPA, because graphics are great, and can be much more portable than an xbox.

Also a in-game mapping for a controller would be great too!! Currently using mapping programs, so not a huge deal, but would be nice to native controller support.

squidlr

Feb 28, 2012
I don't understand why the Mac TPA has to have jaggy graphics, when many of us are running higher end graphic cards which power PC's.

Very depressing that the game on the Mac only seems like a cheap way to make Farsight a little pocket money on the back of the iOS game.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I don't understand why the Mac TPA has to have jaggy graphics, when many of us are running higher end graphic cards which power PC's.

Very depressing that the game on the Mac only seems like a cheap way to make Farsight a little pocket money on the back of the iOS game.

I noticed they have anisotropic filtering turned off be default for the actors in the debug menu. I turned it on and restarted, it helps a bit. I uploaded some of the images here.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I agree....although apparently the Steam version looks like it will be available for Mac too, so all you Mac guys should be sure to vote for it on Steam Greenlight since it will have much better graphics.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I agree....although apparently the Steam version looks like it will be available for Mac too, so all you Mac guys should be sure to vote for it on Steam Greenlight since it will have much better graphics.

Many publishers offer cross platform games. Meaning if you buy for the PC you automatically get the Mac version on Steam as well. I've been wondering if FarSight plans to go this route, as it'll be perfect for folks like me that have both. As it is I already buy all the tables for iOS, 360 and Mac. It'd be nice if they chipped in on the Windows platform. ;)

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
...although apparently the Steam version looks like it will be available for Mac too[...]
Guess it's rather the Mac version that will be available on Steam, too. Don't want to stop any Mac owners from voting for it on Greenlight, as I'm desperately waiting for a PC release, but I can't imagine there will be two different versions of the game for MacOS.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Yeah, that's what Mike said about the PC version. But having the Mac version on par with the 360 and PC ones would mean starting from scratch for that platform, wouldn't it? I'd be happy for every Mac owner should they get a big - or rather huge - update, but I can't see FS finding the time to completely redo their MacOS code. Or is porting from PC to Mac that much easier than porting from 360 to Mac?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sorry, I misread your post, so I deleted my post right after, but apparently not quickly enough :)

When you said, "Guess it's rather the Mac version that will be available on Steam, too", I thought you were saying the PC version would essentially be the same as the Mac version. I'm too sleepy to be reading right now, lol. (it's 3 AM here)

Last edited:

MF_

May 23, 2012
Has anyone been able to get Facebook connect working? For me it's been broken for the last 3 updates. When I select connect to Facebook, after logging in, the app just freezes with a spinning beach ball.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Anyone having problems getting ball 2 to lock in NGG? My first 2 games never allowed the ball to lock.

ksmmspt

Jun 17, 2012
Anyone having problems getting ball 2 to lock in NGG? My first 2 games never allowed the ball to lock.

Just played it again. Worked fine for the first time around, but did not work after that in the same game. Never allowed 2nd ball to lock. You can shoot the ball under the right ramp where it should lock and I would hear a click sound (as if it was hitting a ball already there). The ball then stays there and nothing happens. Nudge doesn't help. you can call the attendant to reset the ball but it still has the bug each time you send it under that ramp. This happened on both my Mac and macbook pro.

Also, I have a common bug that happens on several tables. When you start a second game, the table will launch 2 or 3 balls after the first ball has been sent to the plunger at game start up.

Jay

May 19, 2012
There seems to be a bug that's crept into CFTBG. Even though my camera angle is set to 1, whenever the ball head toward the top of the table the camera zooms in to a top-down view of just below the upper playfield. The rollovers aren't visible from that angle. When the ball leaves the upper table area, the camera zooms back out to normal view. Even if the ball simply passes in an arc across the top and back down one of the sides, the camera rapidly zooms in. The effect is nauseating. And it happens only on that table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.