Fixable undesireables....

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
love to play GOFERS, but the white ramp table at dead center of upper playfield makes this VERSION undesireable to play(it is overpronounced) maybe even just omit it all together.
love to play FUNHOUSE, but the camera angle for the upper loop shot is annoying and makes this otherwise great game UNDESIREABLE
CIRCUS VOLITARE is slightly blurry(resolution?) and makes this an undesireable table as well as gorgar, blacknight and elvira. i've even resort to turning the color level down on my TV to remedy this problem, to the point it is almost a black and white version.

the white ramp area or plate i am talking about is diectly over the upper playfield, it obscurs playfield area, it is over pronounced, the wphof version does NOT have this annoying feature

FUNHOUSE was great on the wphof, the upper loop with the cellar door is the premier shot that makes this game addicting, wphof has a great view of this, and allows you to go for big scores, will TPA remedy this problem, it certainly deserves the attention as it is this machines bread and butter shot.

is the poor RESOLUTION on elvira, gorgar, blacknight, and circus volitare a fixable problem, or is it a programming casualty? i know that farsight is planning to add features like adjustable lighting with future updates, i hope that whatever the problem is, they correct it.

the odd thing about the FUZZY(poor resolute) tables is that none of these machines..blacknight, gorgar are fuzzy on farsight's initial pinball software(williams pinball hall of fame. the other two FUZZY machines, ELVIRA and CIURCUS VOLITARE were not available on wphof but are nonetheless FUZZY.

Last edited by a moderator:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
the odd thing about the FUZZY(poor resolute) tables is that none of these machines..blacknight, gorgar are fuzzy on farsight's initial pinball software(williams pinball hall of fame. the other two FUZZY machines, ELVIRA and CIURCUS VOLITARE were not available on wphof but are nonetheless FUZZY.

What difference does that make? The tables were not ported from PHoF. According to Farsight they were all created from scratch for TPA.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I fall into the camp of liking what FS did with the plastic plate/upper play field. I always found in previous versions where it was perfectly clear that I got visually confused as to the hole in one shot and the cart, since they looked like they were just floating. I just watched the PAPA tutorial video, and in that its looking a little frosted too. I do think the colors are too muted on NGG, and I don't like that in view 1 (my preferred view) you can't see any of the indicator lights near the putting green.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Me 4 set your RGB to full.

Makes negligible difference to NGG. It still looks completely grey and washed out. EATPM looks fine though. The lighting and saturation of colour is so variable between different tables that it's impossible to get a display setting that looks remotely right for everything. Funny that two of the most garish/colourful tables I have ever played in real life (NGG and CV) both look so muted in TPA. There's no understanding of how the game's own illumination lights the game even in the low light conditions TPA aims to simulate.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
We need something ASAP to fix flipper lag on PS3 it ruins the whole game for me. Hopefully we at least get something done before tournament time rolls around.

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
i hope other PHOF players support my REQUEST

dear FARSIGHT,
people who have played your original version of NO GOOD GOFERS on the PHOF had to really enjoy playing this table, i know my wife and i did, your new version of GOFERS on TPA is very very good, the machine is crisp and resolute, i only wish, and hope others who know how good this machine was on PHOF agree that the white and overpronounced ramp plate located dead center of upper playfield can be modified(lightened) or removed all together. this is a big disapointment on an otherwise beautiful recreation of this machine. on phof i enjoyed taxi, and my wife enjoyed gofers, now we have both tables again, but she doesn't care for her new gofers machine because of said WHITE RAMP PLATE. it would be GREAT if you were able to this, i hope others and yourselves agree. thank you.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Meh, I don't think its really a big deal. I can still see everything underneath it. In PHOF where you could see nothing IIRC, the ball would look very weird just floating around in midair

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
White plate? Maybe adjust your dynamic white on your PS3 or if your TV has that option mines a SONY so they both do.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Budtki, no need to make new threads for something you've already commented on. I've merged the two threads.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.