PS3 - Bug I thought the flipper lag was fixed. Why is it still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I can't remember the particular thread, but someone said the flipper lag was no longer an issue. I downloaded it and updated it (via auto update), and it is still there. Why?

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I'm with you man. I get why alot of people don't feel the lag. If I had only played the PS3 version I probably would agree with them. But after playing on 360, the difference is night and day. Waiting patiently for FS to fix this.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The flipper lag is still a problem for me too so I just don't play on the PS3. It is minor enough that if you have only played the PS3 version I think you could eventually get accustomed to it, but switching between the 360 and PS3 version shows how much smoother and responsive the game is on the 360 and rules out the television as being the source of the lag.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
someone said the flipper lag was no longer an issue. ...and it is still there. Why?

Wow "someone" said something!

This is the latest response by Farsight:

Mike Reitmeyer: I believe our engine guy was able to improve it but not remove it completely. I think they are still trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
Please see "Flipper lag theory" thread for the latest opinions.

I think it might have been me that was the "someone". I explain my observations in the aforementioned thread. In short due to a combination of over enthusiasm to post after a brief playtest, plus a significant reduction in flipper lag from the previous version (EU). This combined with at that point not having played the Xbox version. Now having played on Xbox, it is more obvious just how bad the lag still is on PS3.

Last edited:

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
Let's get this fixed FS!! This is by far the biggest issue on the PS3 version for myself and many, many others.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
I would play this so much more if the lag were fixed. It makes switching between the Vita and PS3 versions nigh impossible since I have to get used to the physics all over again.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I would play this so much more if the lag were fixed. It makes switching between the Vita and PS3 versions nigh impossible since I have to get used to the physics all over again.
Not to mention that it will screw your real table games up as well. I thought I found a way to play the tables I can't get on 360, but not with this issue. 360 is still the best version. It's up to FS to change that.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Finally got around to playing this at a buddies house. Zero input lag on a CRT TV.

That's enough to get me to drop cash on a PS3. Look, of course playing in HD is great, but it's not like this game really makes much use of a 16:9 display. Honestly I don't mind playing in SD one bit for a game of this type. In a way it's kind of refreshing to have the entire screen filled. And besides that, SD really hides the games flaws. You don't notice the odd graphical artifacting or the aliasing nearly as much. So there are actually some pros to playing in SD.

One thing I'll say though, while I didn't experience input lag at all, man the game played ALOT different from the 360 version. Like, the ball physics and shots and everything just felt... different. Only got to play the demos of Arabian and Theatre of Magic, but yeah the physics are different in my opinion. Not worse, just, different. I almost wanna say I have an easier time making the shots I want to make. Even the flippers felt different... the whole experience reminded me of Pinball FX 2 moreso than XBLA PBA... then again I was drinking so I could be way off lol. Regardless I liked it and am excited to get the PS3 now.

Hard to judge the visuals but I could tell right off the bat , even in SD the lighting is improved, and I liked the looks of the ramps on Arabian to their 360 counterparts. I know the new tables have issues though, and I didn't get to test them since I didn't feel like handing my friend 40 bucks for the game and all DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.