Black Knight.... Anyone else finding the PS3 version extremely difficult??

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I used to be pretty good at the WPHOF version on the PS3 (#5 on the leaderboard), but on this I have games that sometimes last less than 5 minutes! :(

The out lanes are unforgiving and I can never hit the MagnaSave in time to help.
Most of time when it stars multi-ball it shoots at least one of them straight down the drain.

I first thought it was the bugs keeping me from doing well and enjoying this table, but now I'm not so sure.
The bugs don't help though, I had the ball to through the flippers more than I care to remember. Then there were times when the ball wouldn't lock on the top tier.

I can't honestly say how this is compared to the real table, but compared to the WPHOF version I'm not digging it. It's one of the few tables I can't even get all of the Wizard Goals on too

A friend of mine says the Vita version is much better, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is there a trick to successfully using the MagnaSave on this?

I've had a lot of turbo bullet balls fly down the out lanes also. :(

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
All I can say is, keep the balls in the upper playfield and the number one goal is to start multiball with all three up there.

Funny, I've never had the eject hole drain like that, not even once. Strange.

Magna save is very difficult to pull off... it was like that on the real table too.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think a lot of issues for me are the upper flippers. The left is mostly covered and I think it is angled too low at the tip. I think it hits the rear of the left flipper then due to the tip being lower than it should it goes into a air ball instead of riding down the flipper like it should. I think that is really killing my timing and angle for shooting it in the lock.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
All I can say is, keep the balls in the upper playfield and the number one goal is to start multiball with all three up there.

Funny, I've never had the eject hole drain like that, not even once. Strange.

Magna save is very difficult to pull off... it was like that on the real table too.

Hey Pheaker thanks for the tip.
I finally got the score related Wizard goal, but I just can't get the extra ball from the lower playfield goal
and I've gotten around 10 multi-balls in a couple of the games.

Do you happen to know if its possible I am hitting the drop targets too much?
I'm not sure I understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Each time I hit all 3 targets I get a single light. Do I just need to get 3 lit under all 4 then hit the turn around?

It seems like a couple of them reset while I was playing (went dark) and on another occasion they started blinking in succession.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
No idea what's going on now... After hitting the targets 3 times on 3 of the 4 they showed blue circles and I lot my lights.
:( not sure if this supposed to happen, but the instructions say nothing about this.
One last game... Not sure if I'll be able to play this one again after this!!

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
oh yeah, all the time with 2-ball multiball the one from the upper playfield goes SDTM. Love the sounds on this table though.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Each time I hit all 3 targets I get a single light. Do I just need to get 3 lit under all 4 then hit the turn around?

It seems like a couple of them reset while I was playing (went dark) and on another occasion they started blinking in succession.

The rules for those drop targets are messed up in TPA. Completing both banks on the upper playfield 3 times (lighting all 3 arrows underneath them) or completing both banks on the lower playfield 3 times will light extra ball at the top of the left ramp (just next to the ball lock). What SHOULD happen is that the two banks you completed to light the first extra ball should be reset (turns arrow lights off) which makes sense. However, what happens in TPA is that lighting the first extra ball from the upper playfield resets the red drop target banks on both upper and lower playfields, and lighting it from the lower playfield resets the blue drop target banks. This is a mistake in their scripting of the table.

To light the second extra ball (lit at the turnaround) you must light all the arrows beneath all 4 drop target banks, including the ones that were reset when you lit the first extra ball.

The arrows should only be blinking in succession when the game is animating the lights on award of lighting or collecting an extra ball. It's made more confusing by the fact that TPA does this to the wrong drop target banks.

Trust me, this game makes a lot more sense when the rules are correct. :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The rules for those drop targets are messed up in TPA. Completing both banks on the upper playfield 3 times (lighting all 3 arrows underneath them) or completing both banks on the lower playfield 3 times will light extra ball at the top of the left ramp (just next to the ball lock). What SHOULD happen is that the two banks you completed to light the first extra ball should be reset (turns arrow lights off) which makes sense. However, what happens in TPA is that lighting the first extra ball from the upper playfield resets the red drop target banks on both upper and lower playfields, and lighting it from the lower playfield resets the blue drop target banks. This is a mistake in their scripting of the table.

To light the second extra ball (lit at the turnaround) you must light all the arrows beneath all 4 drop target banks, including the ones that were reset when you lit the first extra ball.

The arrows should only be blinking in succession when the game is animating the lights on award of lighting or collecting an extra ball. It's made more confusing by the fact that TPA does this to the wrong drop target banks.

Trust me, this game makes a lot more sense when the rules are correct. :)

Thanks for helping to clear that up! I knew it couldn't be just me... Hehe

The main thing I didn't realize is that I need to collect the extra ball on the upper playfield BEFORE I can get the one on the lower playfield.

So it sounds like I'm going to need to light all 4 drop target banks (2 upper, 2 lower), then collect the upper playfield extra ball. And then repeat the whole process over again to gt the lower playfield extra ball. Man, that's goin to be tough wih the bugs and drains on this table!! :(

So after hitting all of the targets the second time the lights will rotate in succession? And do I have a limited amount of time to collect the extra ball from the lower playfield turnaround? Also, what happens If I lose a ball during that process? Will I have to start over?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I really want to get this last Wizard goal and after playing for nearly 4 hours last night I felt I was close to it a few times, but I was confused by the lights switching off and then blinking.

I appreciate the help.

Oh and man.... I experienced some crazy bugs during that 4 hour span!! ;) during one strange game I had 2 balls go through a wormhole or something and just disappear into nothingness! I also had a bunch of balls shot into the ball lock on the lower level pass through and show up on the top level. I'd have to say this is he buggiest table of all and needs many fixes. I don't think Farsight has commented on BK though which is a bit saddening.

the ajp

Jun 17, 2012
i played the real Black Knight table a lot when it came out and got pretty good at it and when i started playing tpa version something just didn't seem quite right .. Fuseball is spot on that is what the difference is .. makes it way more difficult to get a good score .. After a lot of play i did manage to beat all the wizard goals even if i did feel like throwing my pad at my tv on regular occasions :)
With the magna save you really need to press it early to get much joy even if you're not 100 % sure the ball will drain .. doesn't really take to much trouble to re-light it again .

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The main thing I didn't realize is that I need to collect the extra ball on the upper playfield BEFORE I can get the one on the lower playfield.

So it sounds like I'm going to need to light all 4 drop target banks (2 upper, 2 lower), then collect the upper playfield extra ball. And then repeat the whole process over again to gt the lower playfield extra ball. Man, that's goin to be tough wih the bugs and drains on this table!! :(

So after hitting all of the targets the second time the lights will rotate in succession? And do I have a limited amount of time to collect the extra ball from the lower playfield turnaround? Also, what happens If I lose a ball during that process? Will I have to start over?

Actually collecting the first extra ball (once lit) on the upper playfield is so simple that you will inevitably do it by accident. It's on a rollover switch that is made whenever you hit a ball up the left ramp.

I usually concentrate on the upper playfield as the drop targets are easier (and safer) to hit up there. When you complete both upper playfield banks three times it will reset the upper and lower playfield red banks. The red banks are generally easier to complete than the blue ones. At this point you should have a fully lit blue bank on the upper playfield and whatever lights you had lit on the blue bank on the lower playfield should also remain lit. This means that you then have to finish off the lower playfield blue bank and both red banks (which have just been reset) to light the second extra ball at the turnaround.

I use multiball to attack the lower playfield targets. :)

As far as I know the turnaround extra ball is not on any kind of timer and should persist from one ball to the next. The cycling lamps is just a celebratory animation and nothing more (the original table has some pretty cool for the time lighting effects that are sadly missing from TPA).

Hope that helps.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Actually collecting the first extra ball (once lit) on the upper playfield is so simple that you will inevitably do it by accident. It's on a rollover switch that is made whenever you hit a ball up the left ramp.

I usually concentrate on the upper playfield as the drop targets are easier (and safer) to hit up there. When you complete both upper playfield banks three times it will reset the upper and lower playfield red banks. The red banks are generally easier to complete than the blue ones. At this point you should have a fully lit blue bank on the upper playfield and whatever lights you had lit on the blue bank on the lower playfield should also remain lit. This means that you then have to finish off the lower playfield blue bank and both red banks (which have just been reset) to light the second extra ball at the turnaround.

I use multiball to attack the lower playfield targets. :)

As far as I know the turnaround extra ball is not on any kind of timer and should persist from one ball to the next. The cycling lamps is just a celebratory animation and nothing more (the original table has some pretty cool for the time lighting effects that are sadly missing from TPA).

Hope that helps.

It does help, thanks man! :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Arrrrrrrgh!! :(
I had it the extra ball lit and ready to go and the last ball flew right though the flipper!
Now this game is mocking me I swear!

I will try again and this time I'm bringing music.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.