Wizard Goals on Williams Collection: Pinball Hall of Fame

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Was anyone able to complete all the Wizard Goals on WC:pHOF?

Once I heard about TPA (in December...), I diligently went to work on completing all the goals on the Williams Collection and was able to complete all of them EXCEPT a Jive Time goal (4 extra balls through the West Gate) which seems near impossible to me.

How far did you all get and which Wizard goals still elude you?

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I completed all the Xbox achievements as well - but Jive Time Wizard Goals are not listed as an achievement. Did you or your friend complete all the Jive Time Wizard goals?

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
1000/1000...still working on Jive Time. I think all that's left is the 4 from the west gate baloney one. Anyone manage to do this stupid goal? It seems outrageous.

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
I know I got all of the trophies on the PS3 version, but I recall the 360 version being more like TPA in terms of having to get all of the Wizard goals for each table for separate achievements, which was much harder. I don't think I ever was able to finish BFTK in Medieval Madness, and I think there were a couple others (Sorcerer and Taxi) that I didn't get either. I did reach the Sun in Pinbot, which is probably the hardest thing to do in the whole game. I never want to try to do that again on TPA unless this version is easier...damn, that table was a drain monster on PHOF.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Battle for the Kingdom, Video Mode and PinBot's reach the Sun where the only wizard goals remaining for me in WPHOF (not counting Jive Time because I hate that table.. )

Can't wait for MM to appear and get all wizard goals..

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Honestly, starting Battle for the Kingdom would have been a sufficient wizard goal for MM. I've only ever finished it once, on the real table, back when I was in college and could devote lots of time to pinball. (We will not speak of my performance on a real MM last weekend, other than to say my game has gone to rust!) Despite the slow ball, easier nudging and ultra-liberal tilt on the Williams Collection - all of which should have made it easier - I never managed to finish BftK on the 360.

Maybe I should pop the disc back in and give it another go...but WC physics are so painful to deal with after playing TPA...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I need Battle for the Kingdom and Rescue the Princess. I was able to rescue the princess once, but that was during the standard goals completion.

Just played TOTAN ealier today and rescued the princess, so down to the battle for the kingdom....

Last edited:

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
Man...not looking forward to BFTK again or reaching the Sun. Many hours of rage already spent on those two...I might bust an artery having to do it again. Wish I could get a free pass for already doing them on PHOF :p Easily the two meanest goals (not counting Jive Time's nonsense)...especially the Sun, since getting that special is pure luck.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
1000/1000 on 360. I don't have any real interest in Jive time, so I never bothered going for the Wizard goals. Got all the standard ones on it, though.

Baintz

May 25, 2012
I've only had this game for 10 days or so but I've been playing it to death (no PA in EU for PS3 yet). Still got a couple of wizard goals to get, not sure if I'll stick with them as they are highly annoying.

They are:

Pinbot - reach Jupiter, reach Sun and earn special. I am TERRIBLE and advancing through planets on either target, and the amount of outlane drains on this table is highly frustrating.
Sorcerer - Earn the special from S-O-R-C-E-R-E-R lights
Jive Time - 4 extra balls throught west gate, earn all backglass rewards.

BftK seemed really daunting at first, but once you get comfortable on MM, you should get it easy enough. Make sure you save 2 troll bombs, makes it much easier.

Dammit I want to play TPA so badly.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Jive Time - 4 extra balls throught west gate, earn all six backglass rewards, and earn a 20,000 point bonus.
Pinbot - Reach the Sun and earn the special, did it on my PS2 copy, but never on the PS3.

Also I found Taxi earn a special from the backglass very hard to get, but did eventually get it. Hope they bring Sorcerer to TPA I'm still #4 all time and did not turn off tilt to get that score, I just had a real good game.

Last edited:

Baintz

May 25, 2012
I guess I got a lot better at controlling the ball after spending so long on MM because I went back and tried the wizard goals for Pinbot for Sorcerer and got them both pretty easily. Doubt I'll bother with Jive Time though, the table just isn't fun enough.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Man, that Jive Time is a tough cookie... Got all but the 100,000 Wizard goal... The table should be renamed as drainsville... :D

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
On PHOF:WC did anyone see this?

89e2df85.jpg

I understand from Comments it was on XB360.

Andy

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Not sure about PS3 version brakel - I know the PSP version was released on PSN, don't think I've seen it for PS3. It's just been re-released on Games on Demand on XBLA for 360 so maybe it will also get a release on PSN soon as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.