New menu

Howard Sayles

Jun 5, 2012
It is a set of crudely designed boxes, which frankly are so badly done it is embarrassing. If some one could post a screen shot of the first screen I would be grateful. I just have no idea how this design was given the green light. I used to do computer art so I hope I know what I am talking about.

A seasonal example of a very old piece of my artwork >

http://www.theapplecollection.com/desktop/large_2003/O-Tidings-of-Comfort.jpg

Jul 2, 2012
The new main menu is a usability nightmare on the Mac, as you have to drag with your mouse to navigate it (being directly ported from touchscreen platforms, I presume). Swiping is not supported and neither are arrow keys, both of which would be much more user-friendly interaction models than click-and-drag.

Not really a fan of the music there, either (haven't yet checked if that can be switched off).

Jay

May 19, 2012
While certainly not ideal, it's a huge improvement over the original menu (which was fine when there were only a handful of tables). The thing I like the most about the new setup is that I can select just my purchased tables, which saves me the hassle of scrolling past those I don't own.

A vertical scrolling menu might be a good compromise. It would be easy to flick through on an iDevice, and easy to scroll through on a Mac.

RATMNL

Dec 26, 2012
Agreed, though I would just be happy if they'd allow me to use the mouse-scrollwheel to scroll through the tables instead of clicking and making quite illogical jumps when you click on a table (anyone noticed?)

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Have it scroll vertically with my mouse wheel. Default to my current tables, instead of marketing new tables. After all, it's pretty tough to miss the icon changing every time that the app updates. Yes, I know that ST:TNG is available.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.