Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection Table Rebuys?

Which Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection tables will you rebuy?

• Total voters

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm sure many of us own the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection that FarSight released on systems a few years ago. Since we may see all (or nearly all) of the tables released through Pinball Arcade, I'm curious which ones you'd buy again. Here's a list of tables from the PS3/360 version (which had more tables than the other systems). I've noted the tables that have already been announced as coming. Tales of the Arabian Nights was left off, since it's already out and is included in the purchase price of Pinball Arcade.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I would buy them all as I had some fun with each table, even Jive Time. I decided not to vote for Jive Time and Sorcerer as it seems like those will be the two tables the developers plan to axe, according to their Facebook page. I plan on buying whatever they release; same with Zen Pinball.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Every single one.....I know they said Jive Time is unlikely to return, but they said the same for Sorcerer? I must have missed that.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I didn't vote for them all because I couldn't remember a couple of the tables. I'll be honest... I'll likely buy them all as well. If we only get 2 tables a month, and it's been a little while since I've played a new table on the game, I'll probably shell out the couple of bucks to pick up whatever is released.

Patrick McBride

Feb 20, 2012
I checked off the ones I KNOW I love and will definitely buy... the others I probably would as well. The only tables I might NOT buy for Pinball Arcade are some of the older ones. I'm much more a fan of the DMD games :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I wll definitely rebuy them all on console and about 3/4 on Mobile. I feel that it's best to give as much support as possible to see the prospect of future development. While I love the bells and whistles of the more modern machines, I actually think the older tables are more ideal for mobile. Less textures and events happening, not to mention lack of DMD. So I think they run better on mobile devices. Black Hole does not ever slow down and plays really well. I can honestly say I enjoy that one more on mobile than I ever did on the Wii version. I will definitely not rebuy Jive Time on the iOS, nor PinBot, but I question how good No Good Gofers would be. I also would get a good deal of the Gottlieb tables when they are reissued on IOS and all of them on Xbox.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I voted for all since I'll be buying every table they release on android and xbox 360. I'll take as much pinball as I can get plus, the more money they make, the more tables they'll be able to release.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I plan to buy every table for both ipad2 and ps3. They're inexpensive enough that having updated versions of the previous tables is worth a couple of bucks to me. Having it on a mobile device is great as well although I'm really excited to play on a console. Finally, again because it's so cheap, I don't have a problem buying all tables this on both platforms that I use. If for no other reason than to support what these guys are trying to do. I have gotten so many great hours out of the Williams collection, I'm really really looking forward to the next year of releases.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I'll buy all of them except Jive Time and Pin*Bot, I hate those tables..
LOL Pin*Bot was the entire reason I bought PHoF. I loved that table in real life although it was brutal. The PHoF version was dead on though. I sucked at it and fried in exactly the same ways as i did on the actual table.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I will buy everything except Jive Time. I really like all the old tables and I would be disappointed if they didn't recreate Sorcerer. I am amazed at how much I am playing Black Hole on my iphone. The older tables are great if you just want a quick game (at least for me).

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I will buy everything except Jive Time. I really like all the old tables and I would be disappointed if they didn't recreate Sorcerer. I am amazed at how much I am playing Black Hole on my iphone. The older tables are great if you just want a quick game (at least for me).

Yeah, that is another good thing about the older tables. They're perfect if you just want to squeeze in a quick game.

Mega

Feb 28, 2012
Depending on the pricing, I'd likely buy them all too. Both on iOS and Xbox 360. But to keep the poll interesting, I only voted for my favorites.

I wonder if they'll do anything similar to the "Wizard Score" on Zen's Pinball FX2. I have to say that increasing my Wizard Score actually inspired me to buy a few more tables on my 360 than I might have otherwise... so it's a sneaky way to get a few more sales. hehe Not that I'm complaining. But as great as Pinball FX2 looks, I still don't think any of those tables capture the excitement and challenge of some of the true Pinball greats that will be in "The Pinball Arcade" collection. I think "Ms. Splosion Man" is the best of theirs for high energy.

Attachments

• BlahCadea300.fw.jpg
    BlahCadea300.fw.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 435

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
I also plan on buying every table that they release (what's a few bucks?), but I'm most excited to see the re-release of Taxi. I love that table and expect the improved physics to make it much more enjoyable.

Matthew Weflen

Feb 28, 2012
I'll be getting the PS3 version. I voted for all but Jive Time. It's just too much of a drain monster and not quite enough fun. If I really wanted to, I'd break out my PHOF disc.

I will say, my yes answers on all the other tables are contingent upon seeing a distinct improvement on the PS3 TPA TOTAN table. They are also contingent on pricing. I am hoping for some PHOF bundles.

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
Here is my serious thought on this subject. I really do wish that Farsight would port over each and every table and game from Pinball Hall of Fame collections both Gottlieb and Williams, including the hidden or unlockable games from the Gottlieb collection, "including the different tables between the Wii, PS2 & or Xbox." Many others like myself have multiple gaming devices and instead of having to have multiple devices or switching out game discs if we had all of the games from before then we could finally retire the older disc based tables. I know there are many others besides myself who would happily buy each and every table especially if it allows us to get rid of the older format altogether and have all of these great pins on one single platform. And yes, for all you haters my opinion includes Jive Time as well.
One last note, I know Farsight didn't develop the "Pinball Classics" that was published for PC but Farsight has already gained the rights to 2 out of the 4 tables they had. If Farsight were to get the other 2 "Black Rose, and Lost World" then we could retire that one as well!

I really hope someone from Farsight reads this and takes heed. I am a long time fan and will buy every table you put out either way, good luck on all future tables. Danzig

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.