Bozo or skill shot award?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I haven't played a huge amount of this table but as its in the tournament I've started playing it. I can hit the scoop 9 times out of 10 from the plunger but I can't see why this sometimes gives the Skillshot award and other times gives the bozo award. Anyone know?

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
I have a slight impression that the shot slightly touches the side of the scoop on times when they dont give the skill shot. Other than that i have no input, i have wondered that myself

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've played this table a ton, and that is one of those that I still haven't figured out the rhyme or reason to!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
You need a clean shot on the hole for the skill shot to count. The slightest of grazes will result in a Bozo award/letter, in my experience.

I always go for the hole but, not necessarily the skill shot. That only maxes out at 5mil. I'm usually just tryin' to ultimately gain control of the ball after launch. That usually leads to more lucrative shots.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The above posts are correct about the ball needing to go cleanly into the scoop without touching any of the surrounding targets for it to be considered a skill shot. I was trying to complete that goal on the Xbox 360 and was getting really frustrated when the ball would go in but not give me the skill shot until I realized it was banking off one of the targets.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Is that accurate to the real table or just a nuance of TPA? I've never played the real table, though I was playing the VP version and it seems a lot more forgiving.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.