why there is so much input lag ?

typh00n

Dec 29, 2012
i've not measured the input lag but i believe it is currently more than 100 milliseconds between my finger press and the flipper action.
do we have any chance to get less lag?
i have game on ios with almost 0 input lag so i believe that is something achievable in some way.

i'm on ipad2

also i'm curious about other versions, do they suffer the same input lag? i mean osx xbox and ps3 (and pc beta) versions.

krock51100

Dec 14, 2012
No lag here

i've not measured the input lag but i believe it is currently more than 100 milliseconds between my finger press and the flipper action.
do we have any chance to get less lag?
i have game on ios with almost 0 input lag so i believe that is something achievable in some way.

i'm on ipad2

also i'm curious about other versions, do they suffer the same input lag? i mean osx xbox and ps3 (and pc beta) versions.

I play TPA on xbox360 + Ipad 4 + Asus Aconia (android 4.0 and tigra 2) and i've just input lags under android 4.0.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
When i was playing on an iphone 4 there was no input lag.

I would try a backup and factory reset and see if that helps.

For god sakes back stuff up before doing it

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I'm not familiar with iPad 2 but the iOS version has no lag. I played the game on a year and a half old android tablet and it ran horribly, it might have just been a crappy device. Point being perhaps iPad 2 is too old and it runs bad on it? I honestly don't know.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
No lag here. Try restarting your iPad - a lot of cruft does build up that a reboot clears up.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i use an iPad 2, and my input lag is probably more like 20 milliseconds -- nowhere close to 100. something's wrong. what ios version are you running?

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
iOS devices have a measured input lag of 50 to 100ms. Not much you can do about it. This is informative, if you know a bit about coding.

A 1/10th of a second lag does make some some situations, easily handled when playing a real pinball machine, extremely difficult or impossible to deal with. The good news? When you play the real machine, you'll be amazed at how much easier it is...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.