CV ball is ridiculously floaty...

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
It doesn't even compare to the other tables, the ball seems to be in "low gravity"...is this by design for the real cv as well? how about other systems, i have nothing to compare it to but the other 10 tables I have, and it feels like slow motion in comparison...obviously the angle of the field can surely create this by design I'm just wondering of that's the case?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It doesn't even compare to the other tables, the ball seems to be in "low gravity"...is this by design for the real cv as well? how about other systems, i have nothing to compare it to but the other 10 tables I have, and it feels like slow motion in comparison...obviously the angle of the field can surely create this by design I'm just wondering of that's the case?
Cirqus Voltaire is a fairly slow table in real life, but the consensus among those here who have played the real CV is that TPA's version is somewhat floatier than it should be.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I played this table for the first time in ages again yesterday on my ipad and instantly noticed how slow it felt. I had just finished a few games on Taxi which plays very fast so thought it might be that. 2 bug ridden games later and it has been relagated once again to my unplayed table list. Still the buggiest table released so far by a mile, at least on ios.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
it's sad, this and RBION are almost unplayable due to the floatyness/slow play. It feels like playing on the moon for CV.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
As this table is part of the new tourney it's time for my quarterly play/disappointment/moan about this table. 1 year old and still riddled with bugs and really floaty. This table definitely needs a few beer mats under the back feet and as soon as I post a half decent score it will be back at the top of my least played tables list.

3waycombo

Jul 28, 2013
...really floaty. This table definitely needs a few beer mats under the back feet...

hee hee... beer mats... I think this officially retires the word coaster from my vocabulary. It's beer mats from here til the end.

But hey wait... Coasters, kind of similar to floaters, kind of similar to.... The helium ball in Circus Voltaire!!! I think the universe is trying to send a message. Try playing a few games of Theater of Magic before or after and it should be obvious that you need at least two industrial strength beermats under each of the back legs.

night

May 18, 2012
Well, this was my comment I made earlier this week about TPA physics. For those of you who play Zaccaria on the iOS, and mess around with their physics settings, what do you think about Zaccaria physics vs TPA? After spending a lot of time with Zaccaria and going back to TPA, I think that TPA physics compared to Zaccaria are over the top smooth like it's floating in air, and there is so much rubber bounce as well. In Zaccaria the ball feels heavy and it's behavior is much more realistic. Last week I played some TOTAN... it's physics are so bad!
I really hope TPA will implement physics settings, just as ASK Homework did in Zaccaria, it will really benefit in realism if we can tweak it to perfection and share the settings.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I also have noticed it myself. Slow and floaty is what I would call it too. The ball feels and reacts like it is light.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
On my Android it's fast (not slow) and light. Light balls are easier accelerated. The ball physics are similar to MB on TPA.

EDIt: Yesterday I noticed the floatiness during multiball

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.