Tablet confusion

pghjerry

Aug 1, 2012
I'm more confused than ever about what tablet to get for PA. Everyone on the forums say " this doesn't work on this tablet, or this doesnt work on that tablet"... etc.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I use it well on both Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Nexus 10 will give you a gorgeous view of the table with its resolution, but it's also expensive. For the money, Nexus 7 is the best tablet out there.

N

Nik Barbour

Very happy with the Nexus 7:)
£200 - great screen, good processor & Tegra 3.

Only fault so far is 4.2.1 won't pair wirelessly with wiimote - but I'm sure it will be fixed.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
It runs fine on my GallaxyTab2 10.1 That or the I-pad 2 is what you get with a 2 year 2Gb/month Vodafone bundle. Should you desire 3G connectivity anyway, it oddly enough is more lucrative to get the tablet on downpayment as part of a data-bundle.
I do believe the screen-ratio on android tablets tends to be more favorable than Apple tablets.

etamme

Jan 10, 2013
Nexus 10 runs fantastic. I was trying to choose between an Asus TF700 and the Nexus 10. I am so happy I went with the Nexus 10 - the screen is... insane. Plays PA no problems at all.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I can't wait till they fix the sizing of text and buttons for devices with high resolution. It hurts my eyes to read the instructions on my HTC DNA (1920x1080 screen at 5in) and clicking little buttons is near impossible and constantly you press the wrong one. The pro menu's are completely worthless due to this. I heard some tell that Nexus 10 suffers from this too a little bit, although since the dots per inch on the Nexus 10 aren't as high as my phone it probably isn't anywhere near as bad. Part of me wants to get an Ipad mini retina when/if those come out this year. I have gripes with apple though and absolutely hate having iTunes installed on my pc. Also I'd have to rebuy every table again. My pinball addiction is getting pretty expensive. I was wondering though, the tables I bought on my iphone before that LEMON of an LCD smashed... do you have to rebuy those for a pad because there are 2 different products pad and phone?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
defo recommend the nexus 7. My 16GB version (only one available at the time), cost me £170 + it came with a £15 Google voucher which has been used to purchase the TPA tables :) Great tablet - no complaints from me. The 7" tablet is easy to hold for long periods of time....... not so comfortable with the bigger tablets.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
My pinball addiction is getting pretty expensive. I was wondering though, the tables I bought on my iphone before that LEMON of an LCD smashed... do you have to rebuy those for a pad because there are 2 different products pad and phone?

Nope.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Nexus & the other rip-offs are LOL!

Some of us like expandable memory and the choice of what media format we use. And the ability to plug in our tablets/devices and simply drag and drop our files to a folder of our choice or the ability to sideload our apps.

Ipads are pretty awesome. And my experience with ios has been mostly pleasant. But for anything beyond a phone and for serious computing the nexus or the galaxy note 2 (iirc) are the best PA platforms

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I got an ASUS TF300T tablet for Christmas and I'm quite happy with it so far. It's got a Tegra 3 chip in it as well and from what I've had a chance to play thus far, TPA runs and looks great on it. It looks like they're running about $350 now which is a great deal for a higher end 10 inch tablet. My wife got a great deal on the one I have from Woot. It was a refurb and only the 16GB model, but it came with the keyboard dock (which can run ~$100+ by itself) for $299. Not too shabby.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.