We Have an Update!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I launched TPA today and there was a new title update! While the only noticeable changes were updates to existing tables, improving the lighting, DMD animations, and bugs, particularly the Frankenstein bug in MB, and the flipper gap in MM (it's still a bit wider than the real table, but vastly improved from the previous state). They are now on par with the PS3 versions. The only thing we're missing is the two-stage flipper control (it's on the PS3, why not here, even when using the triggers?). Despite that, we can assume that relations between MS and the publisher are good, as this couldn't have been submitted that long ago, yet it's already been approved and released. Hopefully, we'll here an official update soon, but at least we can play tables as good as our PS3 brethren now, and the only time they can laugh at us is during multiball!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I launched TPA today and there was a new title update! While the only noticeable changes were updates to existing tables, improving the lighting, DMD animations, and bugs, particularly the Frankenstein bug in MB, and the flipper gap in MM (it's still a bit wider than the real table, but vastly improved from the previous state). They are now on par with the PS3 versions. The only thing we're missing is the two-stage flipper control (it's on the PS3, why not here, even when using the triggers?). Despite that, we can assume that relations between MS and the publisher are good, as this couldn't have been submitted that long ago, yet it's already been approved and released. Hopefully, we'll here an official update soon, but at least we can play tables as good as our PS3 brethren now, and the only time they can laugh at us is during multiball!

Off to go investigate.............................

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There is no new Title Update for the Xbox 360 as nothing has been submitted as of yet to Microsoft. Also, did a quick check just in case and everything is still the same...Frankenstein Multi-ball bug as well. You must have not played The Pinball Arcade for awhile on your Xbox 360 and it asked you to redownload the latest Title Update as games usually do if you haven't played them in awhile.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Since I happened to be near my 360 when I saw this, I decided to test. The update is a lie.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There is no new Title Update for the Xbox 360 as nothing has been submitted as of yet to Microsoft. Also, did a quick check just in case and everything is still the same...Frankenstein Multi-ball bug as well. You must have not played The Pinball Arcade for awhile on your Xbox 360 and it asked you to redownload the latest Title Update as games usually do if you haven't played them in awhile.
I guess this isn't a title update: the official name is "launch table update" or something to that effect, though it affects all tables released so far. This update brings the lighting and DMDs up to the PS3 standards. You mean everyone else has had this for months? I've been playing TPA on a regular basis,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.