Hw many tables should be ina tournament

How many tables do you prefer in a tourney?

• I prefer 3-4 tables

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I prefer 5-7 tables

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I prefer 8-10 tables

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Throw more than 10

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Since we're allowing unlimited restarts, having too few tables means people can just play over and over again until they get a great score. This is what really killed the fun of Pinball FX2 tournaments for me - a single game on some of those tables can take hours as it is, and doing well in a tournament meant spending many hours playing nothing but that one table. With the 4- or 8- table format, I can play a game or two on each table to get them on the list, then work on my favorites to try to move up. I really like the way the cross-table point scoring works. If I don't care for a table, I can put up 70-75 points very quickly, often on my first try. For my favorite tables, I can spend several games trying to get my 82 up to an 83.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
How are these 'tournaments handled? Are extra balls turned off? I think that's one of the biggest issues IMO with the Zen tournaments. Most of the time the randomness of the Extra balls being awarded doesn't necessarily even the play field. Again would be interesting to see something happen with the consoles as far as tournaments go.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
How are these 'tournaments handled? Are extra balls turned off? I think that's one of the biggest issues IMO with the Zen tournaments. Most of the time the randomness of the Extra balls being awarded doesn't necessarily even the play field. Again would be interesting to see something happen with the consoles as far as tournaments go.

Extra balls needs to be off. The tournaments are less about skill and more about endurance at that point since with extra balls I can play indefinitely on a table like Funhouse. The only reason my games on Funhouse even end now is usually because the ball disappears around Rudy.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have nothing against the current tourney with 8 tables. Take away the extra balls if you like but they don't bother me.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I voted for "Throw more than 10" just because it sounded funny and I had no idea what it meant.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.