Finding Local Players

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Has anyone got any bright ideas on how to find local pinball players? There is one machine near me but there's never anyone else playing on it.

Shall I stick a post-it note on the machine with my email address? :confused:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
At least you have a table near you, my nearest is 40 miles away, except for the one thats 3 feet away from me :D

N

Nik Barbour

Has anyone got any bright ideas on how to find local pinball players? There is one machine near me but there's never anyone else playing on it.
Shall I stick a post-it note on the machine with my email address? :confused:

Is that a wise course of action? - who knows whou you'll attract! - Squeel like a pig Boy! Sqeeeeeeeeeeek.

Can you not track them through local clubs - I know you already speak with Mark Robinson he must know everyone in the Northwest releated to Pinball.
Although with a score of 1.5bill on the real TZ they might be a little intimidated.
Is there any other high scores on the local machine? - does the bar staff / cafe owner (don't know what establishment its in) know who uses it?

Be safe - and keep one hand over your ha'penny at all times! ;)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Is that a wise course of action? - who knows whou you'll attract! - Squeel like a pig Boy! Sqeeeeeeeeeeek.

Can you not track them through local clubs - I know you already speak with Mark Robinson he must know everyone in the Northwest releated to Pinball.
Although with a score of 1.5bill on the real TZ they might be a little intimidated.
Is there any other high scores on the local machine? - does the bar staff / cafe owner (don't know what establishment its in) know who uses it?

Be safe - and keep one hand over your ha'penny at all times! ;)
The North West is a big place ;) I'm playing in the league which is one meet a month.

There were other local high scores on the machine but it went back to defaults at some point. Might have to ask the bar staff like you say :)

Someone there is clued up enough to increase the replay score anyways, I think that's my fault for spending over an hour on it for £2 :eek:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Check pinside.com for UK threads or pinmap on the site. Replay scores can be set to increase after so many games or if highscores increase.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So last time I went I asked the barman, so does anyone else play on the pinball table? No, not really.

:(

N

Nik Barbour

So last time I went I asked the barman, so does anyone else play on the pinball table? No, not really.

:(

Did you get any dates with the post it note?

More importantly - does the missus know about this side to you? ;)

Only joking mate - what table is it and where is it? (I very occasionally get to pass through Windermere - wouldn't mind knowing).

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Did you get any dates with the post it note?

More importantly - does the missus know about this side to you? ;)

Only joking mate - what table is it and where is it? (I very occasionally get to pass through Windermere - wouldn't mind knowing).

Stags Head Hotel, Pirates of the Carribean, in the area where the jukebox and pool tables are :)

If I had room for a pinball table, I would have one by now :p

N

Nik Barbour

Stags Head Hotel, Pirates of the Carribean, in the area where the jukebox and pool tables are :)

If I had room for a pinball table, I would have one by now :p

Cheers Carl - next time we pass through and the missus wants an hour in the Lakeland shop, that's where I'm heading.
Beats carrying the basket, and looking at gravy sives and the like.
I was hoping it was going to be the TZ that you play .

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Cheers Carl - next time we pass through and the missus wants an hour in the Lakeland shop, that's where I'm heading.
Beats carrying the basket, and looking at gravy sives and the like.
I was hoping it was going to be the TZ that you play .

Lancaster that one, along with T2 at Squires Pool & Sports Bar...

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I fill that out whenever I find one :)

If you find yourself in Windermere, give me a shout on Facebook and I'll pop down to The Stags Hotel.

N

Nik Barbour

I fill that out whenever I find one :)

If you find yourself in Windermere, give me a shout on Facebook and I'll pop down to The Stags Hotel.

Will do mate - only problem is, it tends to be after a walk (normally around Keswick way) so it is literally a one hour pitstop in Windermere to go to 'The Lakeland Store' to stock up on kitchen cr@p we'll never use.
But...... Not anymore!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.