"Impossible" goals due to bugs

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Do you agree that the following goals are nearly impossible due to bugs in the software or flaws in the setup? I don't mind going for the difficult goals, that's what makes tPA fun but when you can't achieve the goals due to errors in the game it is a bit annoying.

Medieval Madness
Win Battle for the Kingdom - Bug: Troll bomb automatically activated

Fun House
Four way combo - Bug: Change in the setup of the game (audio or visual?) that makes it quite impossible to get the timing anymore.
Loop shot - Bug: Same as above

- Semi-impossible -

Genie
3M-goal - Flaw: Not a bug really but seriously, 3M?

Dr Dude
Double jackpot - Flaw: Annoyingly difficult to keep one ball in play without draining and two is a nightmare. Add to that trying to hit that ramp, like 4-5 times.

Ripleys
Atlantis - Bug: On iPad1, the ball movement is really jerky. It works somewhat ok if you put the game in flight mode but still, this bug makes this goal way harder than it needs to be. Thankfully, the game in itself is quite easy. Otherwise this goal would almost qualify as impossible.

-- More difficult than it needs to be --
Monster Bash
Getting the Special - Bug: Goal won't register if it happens during multiball (which is quite common).

Theatre of Magic
Digital Pinball - Bug: Goal won't register sometimes.

Taxi
Double expressway loop - Bug: Goal won't register sometimes.

Have I missed any? The ones mentioned I have experienced on iOS / iPad1.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Fun House is not impossible but the timing is screwy. It took me a lot of attempts before I finally nailed one.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I've accomplished all these goals. Some are really obnoxious, but none are impossible.

The Battle For The Kingdom requires a lot of planning. You have to activate trolls, get the 10 trolls you need defeated, THEN relight trolls, get two troll bombs without ever activating trolls, then start battle the kingdom. Much more obnoxious than it should be. But doable.

Fun house is a matter of getting used to the upper flipper. Oddly enough, hitting earlier will make the ball go through the lower loop.

Genie is fairly unreasonable. I've only hit 3 million once, through a decent chunk of luck. Last I checked, no one else had done it yet. I'm betting it will be much, much easier on the consoles, due to their more precise nudging. They program and tune on Xbox, so it will likely be much, much easier with a physical controller.

Dr. Dude is also manageable. Trap the balls whenever possible and take controlled shots. This is one I had to do twice, because the first time the goal did not register.

Ripleys runs fine on my iPad 3, so was manageable.

The other two are annoying due to the flakiness of the goals registering, but getting used to the goals really does make you a better player. I have personally improved by working hard at wizard goals. Without the harder ones I wouldn't have pushed myself to become better.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I've accomplished all these goals. Some are really obnoxious, but none are impossible.

The Battle For The Kingdom requires a lot of planning. You have to activate trolls, get the 10 trolls you need defeated, THEN relight trolls, get two troll bombs without ever activating trolls, then start battle the kingdom. Much more obnoxious than it should be. But doable.

Fun house is a matter of getting used to the upper flipper. Oddly enough, hitting earlier will make the ball go through the lower loop.

Genie is fairly unreasonable. I've only hit 3 million once, through a decent chunk of luck. Last I checked, no one else had done it yet. I'm betting it will be much, much easier on the consoles, due to their more precise nudging. They program and tune on Xbox, so it will likely be much, much easier with a physical controller.

Dr. Dude is also manageable. Trap the balls whenever possible and take controlled shots. This is one I had to do twice, because the first time the goal did not register.

Ripleys runs fine on my iPad 3, so was manageable.

The other two are annoying due to the flakiness of the goals registering, but getting used to the goals really does make you a better player. I have personally improved by working hard at wizard goals. Without the harder ones I wouldn't have pushed myself to become better.

I will agree with him, though I have not tried MM but maybe twice now and haven't planned for defeating BFK like that.

Ripleys on iPad 3 is achievable

Dr. Dude, mine registered first time, not sure why so many are having trouble with goals not registering, thankfully not been an issue with me.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I am not saying that these goals are impossible per se, but they are just too damn difficult. More difficult than they have to be.

I also like having challenging goals but I don't really seem them as challenging but rather just difficult. The method you describe for BTFTK is extremely difficult in my opinion. The ball will eventually bounce into the "Start trolls"-hole and you lose all the bombs again.

One way to solve that is to just let the ball drain (and not hitting any flippers) to retain your troll bombs.

OR

FarSight could just implement the Launch button for the troll bomb activation.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I am not saying that these goals are impossible per se, but they are just too damn difficult. More difficult than they have to be.

I also like having challenging goals but I don't really seem them as challenging but rather just difficult. The method you describe for BTFTK is extremely difficult in my opinion. The ball will eventually bounce into the "Start trolls"-hole and you lose all the bombs again.

One way to solve that is to just let the ball drain (and not hitting any flippers) to retain your troll bombs.

OR

FarSight could just implement the Launch button for the troll bomb activation.

I am not sure those goals are too hard, the one that is is the 3M on Genie, but that table doesn't seem to have "bugs". The one bug I feel interuppts game play is the AFM right loop. It may not get in the way of the goals, but I feel it gets in the way of much higher scores.

I personally think the Genie goal should be something like this "Score 750K with one ball" or something like that. While still very hard, one wouldn't have to rely on 3-10 balls being perfect - only one.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Fun house is very broken. Looks like the transparency is broken on the area just above that upper flipper.
It's almost impossible to hit the loop now.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
The one bug I feel interuppts game play is the AFM right loop. It may not get in the way of the goals, but I feel it gets in the way of much higher scores.

this one frustrates me, especially as I raised it during the beta. I just wish it had been fixed then before it proliferated across all the platforms making more work to fix. such a small issue - but really puts me off playing the table.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
What's the problem with the right loop in AfM? I've not played it IRL so I don't really have a basis for comparison.

One of the goals I would like to complain about as well (I recall seeing it mentioned here somewhere) was getting super jets on AfM as a standard goal. From what I read here, the bumpers themselves aren't as powerful as they should be, so it tends to drain down to the main playfield rather than keep bouncing around and racking up hits. Whatever it is that needs fixing, it needs to be fixed! Damn near impossible (but I got it eventually).

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Last edited:

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I have experienced this bug on both android and iOS AFM tables. Another game ender on some tables SS, CV, AFM being some that on certain multiball the game camera locks to the plunger and only the left one works till all but one ball drains. Again both platforms.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I now have only:

- The two loop goals on Funhouse (actually already got them before my goals were erased)
- The 3M goal on Genie
- The BFTK goal on Medieval madness

I don't see myself being able to make any of them without any updates on the tables. I have been really close to reach BTFK once but it's a once in every 300 games it happens.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I don't see what's so impossible about BFTK (i understand the bomb bug). I mean sure, it's hard, but hardly in the same realm as 3M on Genie.

Members online

Members online