[PHOTO HEAVY] Pinball show in Ohio this weekend.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Hey guys,

I've never been to this show, but will be going this week. Never been to one and i can't wait!

ohiopinballshow.com

Thanks Farsight for instilling this in me.

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Wish i had money and a truck so i could bring something home with me. There a Dr. Who for sale near me but i think the price is way too high.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I don't want to drive to Cleveland. Any idea if there's a similar type show that comes to Columbus?

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Digging the Roger Sharpe theme at the Louisville expo! Nine tables from TPA, a bunch more that soon will be, and a chance to play Wizard of Oz! Great list!

http://www.arcaderx.com/index.php/showgames

I didn't see where there was a list of games for the Ohio show. Is there one that I missed? But gooche, I ain't from there, but how far from KY can you be? You should go just to meet and hear Roger Sharpe!

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I think it's only a couple of hours away. Perhaps I should make a day trip out of it. Not a big fan of hotels.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I don't know if there are other shows in Ohio, i ran across this one by accident. I'm only 40 minutes away so i may go Friday and Saturday.

I don't see a list either, but it would be nice to know what is there.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Just got back from there. Enjoyed some of the tables, and was rather glad to play the real life counterpart tables from TPA (including the upcoming Centaur) like Tales of the Arabian Nights, both Pinbots (Pinbot and Bride. Sorry, no Jackbot. :( ), Firepower, Black Hole (man that lower playfield is massive compare to the TPA version), Black Knight (once it started to work), and a few others. Think my favorite from the bunch was Centaur. It looked very nice with the pure black and white art with the selected color lights.

They did had two Wizard of Oz tables, but both were too crowded for me to just stand there, and play like a newb for two or three minutes. :(

Was hoping the Centaur table would been on sale, and maybe help out with Farsight.

Did have the PC cabinets on display too, and really liked the mini-sized ones, so that is definitely on my radar. From my experience watching the owners fiddle around with the innards of the tables, I just do not want to mess with the maintenance with the real tables to own one myself.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thats part of the FUN! I like tinkering and learning how they work. I did the same thing with OZ the line was like 100 people deep wich meant other machines were open :)

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Where did you see Firepower? I didn't see it there or i would have been on it all night. I really enjoyed playing Bride, and the LED mods were awesome.

I played The Wizard of Oz a couple of times and thought it was neat. But the playfield was crowded. Plus, the Scarecrow animation was super annoying.

Great show, very fun to play for 7 hours on a $15 admission. Especially since this is the first time I've seen most of these machines in real life. I want to buy a Bride so badly now.

Another interesting table there was Joust by Williams. I've never seen anything like that before, with two layers facing each other. Also, Hercules was cool to witness even though the right flipper wasn't 100%.

I was disappointed there wasn't a Cirqus Voltaire there. Or a Doctor Who. I want to see if the latter is worth buying since I'm a fan of the show. I also wish i knew what fair prices were.

It was cool to see how Farsight has done a really good job on a lot of the tables. Black Hole had some sounds i don't remember from TPA and we all know how lacking Black Knight is, but overall TPA is really good and seeing a lot of the tables was a treat. Centaur was cool, i look forward to that one.

I will post photos later.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Just got back from there myself! They had a beautiful Whirlwind machine, a couple of Black Knight Tables, and the forst Star Trek TNG ive gotten to play. I enjoyed seeing Wizard of Oz, but have to admit to being a little disappointed with the (ugly) display on the back glass. Can't help but wonder if we'll ever see it in TPA

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ugly or a waste of technology? The best part is the JJ logo! People get dazzled by the RGB LED's but really you could make most games twinkle like that, not in harmony though so congrats on that like TRON's fiber optics change with the scenario no more single color slavery.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
20130301_182453.jpg

20130301_182730.jpg

20130301_182759.jpg

20130301_183056.jpg

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I thought it was ugly and a waste of expensive tech. I don't wanna sound like an armchair designer but I could probably come up with a dozen uses for that screen that are better.

I took a few pictures there as well, but I'm unfortunately not smart enough to post them.

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Where did you see Firepower?

When did you go to the show? I believe it was in the same lane as World Cup Soccer, Southpark, Spiderman, etc...

I was disappointed there wasn't a Cirqus Voltaire there. Or a Doctor Who.

Same, and I believe they had a Cirqus Voltaire in one of the previous shows. As for Doctor Who, I thought they were setting up one when I was about to leave since I seen one wrapped up at the front end of the aisle (along with Centaur, Medusa, etc...). Guess not then. :\

And yeah, that Hercules machine was massively ridiculous. :D

IMAG0119.jpg

BTW, Joust :)

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I was there Friday. And Doctor Who was shrink wrapped the whole time. I was able to play one yesterday at a local shop, but it was already sold so I couldn't buy it. Priced a little high for my tastes but I don't know if I'll get another chance at this table. I liked it.

Firepower is one of my favorites in TPA and I'd buy that one in a heart beat if fairly priced. Sorry I missed it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Wow its awfully bright in there. I wonder if thats the same Herculese I played at PPE last year. JOUST! awsome. $500 for that BH thats a good price, if you like Gottlieb. Mehh.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.