Mac Version 1.1.2 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 1.1.2 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

rom

Nov 3, 2012
Device/OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5

Bug Description: Dr DUDE still has no playfield art (completely messed up) in level 2 detail mode.

Steps To Reproduce: start Dr DUDE in detail mode level 2.

Frequency: Every time

Additional Comments: That should really have been fixed by now!

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Manage Tables

I have several of the table packs, and they appear normally in the latest update. The Manage Tables screen shows no tables downloaded. What does that mean?

Jay

May 19, 2012
Looks like there's still no love for Black Knight. And the table selection screen still has the same bug: it took me four tries to start BK; each time I clicked on it, TZ would launch.

Jul 2, 2012
I have several of the table packs, and they appear normally in the latest update. The Manage Tables screen shows no tables downloaded. What does that mean?

Pretty sure this is due to the fact that all the tables are included in the main app bundle, they're not downloaded separately like on iOS.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Since I've been enjoying the iOS version, I took a chance and bought Genie. I must admit that the Mac version of that table has the second-best table graphics I've seen so far (after Funhouse). FS got the color and lighting right, and it does feel like a real table. The ball drain on the left seems a bit more greedy in this version, but I've never played the original for comparison.

Jul 2, 2012
I agree, Genie does look good but TPA on Mac is still a direct iOS port - I wonder if FS are actually working on enhancing the Mac version to be more like the console flavours...

night

May 18, 2012
I agree, Genie does look good but TPA on Mac is still a direct iOS port - I wonder if FS are actually working on enhancing the Mac version to be more like the console flavours...

Oh, forget about it. Porting the iOS version is much easier for them, and I think the Mac user base is too small. The iOS platform is much more lucrative to invest their time and money. I bet the PC version will look very good, so it will be Virtual Windows for us Mac users.

hollander

Apr 1, 2013
Do I seriously have to purchase all tables again when I want to play on my laptop when I bought them already for my iPad?!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Seriously. And that's all the more ironic if the Mac version is simply an iOS port. But I wonder about that. There are too many inconsistencies from one platform to the other. For instance, Black Hole still has hexagonal pop bumpers on the Mac, but on iOS they look fine. The starting camera angles for each table are much different on iOS and Mac as well. And Funhouse looks much better on the Mac than it does in iOS, IMO. So I think the tables on the Mac are more than just simple ports.

hollander

Apr 1, 2013
Seriously. And that's all the more ironic if the Mac version is simply an iOS port. But I wonder about that. There are too many inconsistencies from one platform to the other. For instance, Black Hole still has hexagonal pop bumpers on the Mac, but on iOS they look fine. The starting camera angles for each table are much different on iOS and Mac as well. And Funhouse looks much better on the Mac than it does in iOS, IMO. So I think the tables on the Mac are more than just simple ports.

Porting iOS to Mac isn't that hard, Windows and PS is a different story, but in my opinion still ridiculous to ask the full price for each table. As an iOS app Pinball Arcade is already quite pricey having to pay 9 euros in the Mac App Store and then nearly 5 euros per table again is a little too much asked. Though this could be me being cheap... I guess I'll just let the Mac version pass. Just wanted to point this out because I can hardly imagine that I'm the only one thinking this is a little odd.

night

May 18, 2012
Porting iOS to Mac isn't that hard, Windows and PS is a different story, but in my opinion still ridiculous to ask the full price for each table. As an iOS app Pinball Arcade is already quite pricey having to pay 9 euros in the Mac App Store and then nearly 5 euros per table again is a little too much asked. Though this could be me being cheap... I guess I'll just let the Mac version pass. Just wanted to point this out because I can hardly imagine that I'm the only one thinking this is a little odd.

Yup, my opinion as well. I have thought about it a few times, but it's just too expensive for almost the exact same game. If it has console quality then we are talking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.