How do I update Pinball Arcade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I turned on my phone last night (a Samsung Galaxy Victory), and it said that TPA attempted to download an update, but it was cancelled due to lack of storage space. I freed up some space by getting rid of some of my Angry Birds games, and some apps I never used. I should have enough space now, but it never downloaded again. Do you just get one chance, then you can't get an update until the next time, or is there a way to manually download it. There's also the chance it downloaded afterwards, but didn't notify me. In such a case, is there a way to see what version you are currently using?

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Go to the Play app on your phone (or computer). Click to show My Apps. Find TPA. Click to upgrade.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
Richard B;62994TPA said:
attempted to download an update, but it was cancelled due to lack of storage space. I freed up some space by getting rid of some of my Angry Birds games, and some apps I never used. I should have enough space now, but it never downloaded again.

To me it sounds like Google Play bug that happens from time to time. Your options are: you can wait for store refresh on your phone or downolad update from PC. You can backup your TPA data via Titanium Backup (root required) and uninstall TPA, then install new version, then restore your saved data. You can also try to download new version outside Google Play but this is a risky thing to do.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
To find out which ver of TPA you are having installed...

Go to 'Google Play', pick 'My Apps' (in JB the symbol is a ground line, with a down pointing arrow), under installed, find and open 'Pinball Arcade'. Under the banner at the top will be 2 buttons, if up to date you will see 'Open' and 'uninstall'. If an update is available, one of those buttons will say 'update'
To check the play store ver - expand the 'Description' by clicking the expansion arrow at the bottom, scroll right to the bottom of the expanded paragraph, to see version & updated date info.
Current version = 1.12.0
Updated date = 15th March 2013

If your version is not current and the Google Play app is not offering an update...
From home screen, go to 'Settings' and 'Apps' then select 'clear cache' and 'clear data' then try the Google Play store again as described above.
If still not working or the Pinball Arcade does not show in your 'installed tab' but instead shows in the 'All' tab and when opened has a banner saying "this app is incompatible with your device". Then the compatibility has been changed with your device, and you should contact Farsight support email address support@pinballarcade.com

You could alternatively load the last beta ver which is located here...
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3712-1-12-0-Beta?p=60058&viewfull=1#post60058
You will have to select the following device options first 'Settings' 'Security' 'Unknown Sources' tick here. (this allows apk files from places other than the Google Play store to be installed).

If you are going to uninstall / reinstall or just want to back up your hiscores and goal achievements without 'Titanium Backup'...

If rooted - Using a File browser 'Astro or Root explorer' save a copy of this file at the path below.
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data
If not rooted this can also be done, plugging the device into a pc via usb with the 'usb debugging' option enabled on your device
This website explains what / why more clearly
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-usb-debugging-mode-on-android-makeuseof-explains/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.