Hello from sunny Glasgow

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Hi all, been a pinball nut for a long time now, i have had Williams Pinball classics on xbox 360 for ages now, but you hooked me when you launched the Star trek table, i love that table, and being a Trek fan was only the icing on the cake when it came out on the PS3, have all the tables now, and yes bugs aside i love PA too bits.

Keep up the great work, if you ever get Star Trek 25th anniversary table on PA i will simply be inj Trek pinball heaven. :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Hi all, been a pinball nut for a long time now, i have had Williams Pinball classics on xbox 360 for ages now, but you hooked me when you launched the Star trek table, i love that table, and being a Trek fan was only the icing on the cake when it came out on the PS3, have all the tables now, and yes bugs aside i love PA too bits.

Keep up the great work, if you ever get Star Trek 25th anniversary table on PA i will simply be inj Trek pinball heaven. :)

Hi there Firefox. How is the pin scene holding up in 'sunny' Glasgow these days? I played many tables up there during my uni years. There were a few pins in the arcade near the Arches, some in the Sauchiehall St arcade and a couple in an arcade at the top of Renfield St. I remember BadCats sinking it's claws into me in there!

Don't remember that many pubs with them at the time though.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Hi there Firefox. How is the pin scene holding up in 'sunny' Glasgow these days? I played many tables up there during my uni years. There were a few pins in the arcade near the Arches, some in the Sauchiehall St arcade and a couple in an arcade at the top of Renfield St. I remember BadCats sinking it's claws into me in there!

Don't remember that many pubs with them at the time though.

Yeah i am afraid its been many years since i was in a arcade in Glasgow, apart from tresure island and the wee one you mentioned under the arches there was not really that much in the way of Pin machines in Glasagow, i think the most i ever saw was at a arcade down in Air many years ago.

I would love us to have the same reverance they have over in the US for arcades and pnball machines, but over here if your over the school ago and your not in playing bingo they are picking up the phone and calling the police. lol

Troll alert, Glasgow isn't sunny.

It was sunny for a whole day in 1975, but not sunny enough to remove our wellies. ;)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Nice to see someone else in Glasgow here!

The HMV at the top of Buchanan Street now has a whole row of machines - I think they're up to ten now? Mostly Stern, but there was a White Water last time I was there along with Lord of the Rings, a malfunctioning Tron Legacy, Simpsons (Stern one), X Files, Batman Dark Knight, Transformers, X-Men, Street Fighter and something else I cannot recall.

Hong Kong Express usually has a machine there which rotates periodically. I missed opportunities to play Apollo 13 and World Cup Soccer; last time I looked there was a Championship Pub, but I just haven't had time to get a play in for months (hate going in just to play pinball - food is great, luckily; I recommend the prawn dumpling noodle soup).

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The record shop near Buchanan Street has an AC/DC too.

There is a HULK LE coming into the HMV lineup.

The Whitewater has gone, that's on location near me now :)

SilverBallAddict

Sep 1, 2012
Awright fellow weegie. I've crossed over to the other side & live wi the folk that, 'ken,' & 'know like,' in every sentence. Gimme, 'gutties n chip butty' any day!
There's a website that tells the location of pinball tables & Glasgow has a fair few compared to Edinburgh. If you google, 'UK pin finder,' a list of over 20 known pins comes up across the city. To US citizens this must sound piss poor, but it's a lot to a pin starved Scot! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.