Zaccaria Pinball - custom camera questions / bugs

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Given Zsolt's active presence here and his willingness and ability to improve ZP, I went all in with Gold, and am mostly enjoying the tables so far.

It's fun figuring out what all these environmental (lighting, physics, et. al.) options are about, but I just can't figure out what Camera Slide and Dead Zone (under Cam Editor) do. Can someone enlighten me? :confused:

And I believe I've found a couple of bugs in the Cam Editor settings behavior.

1 - (minor bug) When entering the Cam Editor, the settings shown and table view are always camera 4 (the first Camera View checkbox), regardless of what camera is selected (4-7, corresponding with Camera View checkboxes 1-4). This is easily worked around by selecting a different checkbox and then selecting the originally-selected (if not camera 4 to begin with) checkbox to make the table view and settings correspond to the camera selected.

2 - (bigger bug) The Eye Position, Eye Height, and View Position sliders for both Top View and Lower View do not retain their settings if set to more than ~75% of their max values. If you change any of these settings to more than ~75%, tap "Exit", then re-enter the Cam Editor, the settings you just changed are now set at ~75%.

This is all on ZP v1.2, iPad4, iOS 6.1.3.

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I think camera slide controls the sideways movement and
dead zone the sensitivity to ball movement on the z-axis/(or playfield y).

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for your input, tripleplonq - after reading your post and conducting substantial experimentation, I've come to the following conclusions, which seem to be somewhat reversed from yours:

Camera Slide controls transition speed between Top and Lower views. Down = very fast, Up = slow.
Dead Zone controls x-axis (left/right) camera panning. Down = none, Up = lots.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.