Request WWF Royal rumble

Troc

May 15, 2013

I m a big fan of the WWF Royal rumble table n i really would like to see it in The Pinball arcade collection.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
That one might be hardto license, WWE (former WWF) have to blur out the name on all old brodcasts and dvds since the World Wildlife Fund uses WWF. Not to mention living and dead wrestlers depicted and audio.
But I would love to see it :)

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
That one might be hardto license, WWE (former WWF) have to blur out the name on all old broadcasts and dvds since the World Wildlife Fund uses WWF. Not to mention living and dead wrestlers depicted and audio.
Yeah that one is going to have a lot of hoops to go through.

Recently, WWE got permission to use the scratch logo again on old footage for their DVD sets and broadcasts, but I don't think it extends to physical items. And like you said, a few of the wrestlers in the game have died and that means getting permission from either family members or estates. Not to mention, it's a Data East table. We haven't seen any of those being ported to TPA yet. I know that Stern owns the portfolio for Data East and Sega tables, but they may not be available on FarSight's contract.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I know that Stern owns the portfolio for Data East and Sega tables, but they may not be available on FarSight's contract.
They are. Anything from Stern Pinball, Stern Electronics, Data East or Sega. The main issue with Stern's tables is that almost all of them have big third-party licenses attached.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I'd love to see this. Got to play it a few times at PHoF in Vegas, then a few weeks later in Allentown. The license issues would be quite challenging, but it's a very fun table. Could WWE be convinced for the right price? I don't know. Between the dead wrestlers & those who either disparaged the company (or work for rival IMPACT, like Hulk Hogan), they may not be very eager to do it. Failing that, this thing is probably in my top 3 of tables I want to own.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah. Yeah. Oooooh Yeahhhh.

The late great Macho Man. Not to mention Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Big Boss Man, Tatanka, Mr. Perfect and that's just a handful of the wrestlers who have died who are featured here.

I'd love to see it but very slim to none chance here.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The only way this would probably ever be possible is if WWE decided to 'update' the roster on the table, just like they re-released Wrestlefest The Arcade Game but with an updated roster recently. Any other way is flat out impossible.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Yeah. Yeah. Oooooh Yeahhhh.

The late great Macho Man. Not to mention Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Big Boss Man, Tatanka, Mr. Perfect and that's just a handful of the wrestlers who have died who are featured here.

I'd love to see it but very slim to none chance here.
Tatanka is still alive. :cool: But yeah, dealing with all those estates will probably make this very close to outright impossible.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It's not impossible.

It is improbable though.

Regardless, I do remembers playing this at a truck stop off of 1-10 either in NM or AZ.
I had a lot of fun playing it & I'd like to see it here...

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Tatanka is still alive. :cool: But yeah, dealing with all those estates will probably make this very close to outright impossible.

Not entirely true.

A lot of old school wrestlers have signed "Legend Contracts", which basically means they give up all their rights to the WWE for a lump sum. I know for fact that most of the wrestlers included on this table have signed such a contract. The only one I could see being a problem is Owen Hart, which his wife owns his likeness. I'd have to double check the table to see if he's actually on there. If so, then that could be one of the biggest issues. Owen's wife hates wrestling, and is very protective of his likeness.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Owen is not on the table. Bret is though.

Full rundown:

Yokozuna
Doink
Tatanka
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Bret Hart
Lex Luger
Crush
Big Boss Man
Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan
Mr. Perfect
Razor Ramon
Randy Savage
The Bushwhackers
The Smokin' Gunns
The Steiner Brothers
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon
Bobby Heenan
Mr. Fuji
Paul Bearer

Lucipher28

Banned
Jul 16, 2013
Owen is not on the table. Bret is though.

Full rundown:

Yokozuna
Doink
Tatanka
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Bret Hart
Lex Luger
Crush
Big Boss Man
Shawn Michaels
Hulk Hogan
Mr. Perfect
Razor Ramon
Randy Savage
The Bushwhackers
The Smokin' Gunns
The Steiner Brothers
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon
Bobby Heenan
Mr. Fuji
Paul Bearer

I know Doink, Tatanka, Duggan, Hart, Crush, Luger, Boss Man, Michaels, and Bearer have all signed "Legends" contracts.

I can't confirm the rest though.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts