Request Which pool themed game would you like to see in Pinball Arcade?

Which pool themed table would you like to see in Pinball Arcade

• 8 Ball Williams 1952

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 Ball Williams 1966

• Eight Ball Bally 1977

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Eight Ball Deluxe Bally 1981

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Eight Ball Champ Bally 1985

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Miss O Williams 1969

• Bank-A-Ball Gottlieb 1950

• Bank-A-Ball Gottlieb 1965

• Bad Girls Gottlieb 1988

• Pinball Pool Gottlieb 1979

• Pool Sharks Bally 1990

• Breakshot Capcom

• Laser Cue Williams 1984

• Sharkey's Shootout Stern 2000

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Star Pool Williams 1974

• Sure Shot Gottlieb 1976

• Hi-Score Pool Chicago Coin 1971

• Cue Ball Williams 1956

• Cue Ball Wizard Gottlieb 1992

• Cue-Tee Williams 1954

• Solids N Stripes Williams 1971

• Target Pool Gottlieb 1969

• Skill Pool Gottlieb 1952

• Skill Pool Williams 1963

• Nine Ball Stern 1980

• Roto Poll Gottlieb 1958

• Spot Pool Williams 1959

• Total voters

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
There are many pool theme pinballs. Which ones would you like to see for Pinball Arcade?

Edit: I got a poll up, I made it single choice by accident. I left Add-A-Ball varients off. Big Shot is absent due to being confirmed.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There are many pool theme pinballs. Which ones would you like to see for Pinball Arcade?

Edit: I tried to start a poll, but I closed the window by mistake. I don't see a delete option or an option to add the poll back. Please delete.

Brian, if you want to add a poll just click "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and choose "Add A Poll To This Thread." You can add a poll to any of your threads at anytime.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Since i like to vote early and vote often...

Eight Ball Deluxe...one of my favorite tables of all time. Fast paced and demanding but just feels like it makes sense. It seems easy to get an extra ball each ball but making that one shot 4 times before you drain is harder than it seems, and getting that DELUXE on the board is a rush not matched by very many things.

QUIT TALKIN' AND START CHALKIN'

Cue Ball Wizard and Sharky's Shootout are close seconds and thirds.

I kinda wish there was a thread tool to set a poll you could order all the options from most to least desirable, i think the results from that would probably indicate what would be the best table to realease

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I also forgot Rack 'em up from Gottlieb. Thanks for help with the poll. Not surprised most of the votes are for EBD (including mine), but I'm surprised there's no vote for Pool Sharks yet, especially since it's system 11.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
8 Ball Deluxe is pretty much a given. Whenever I go to PAPA it's always got a player or two on it. Anytime you walk by it you'll hear the voice yelling "Quit talkin' an' start chalkin'!!"

But I played the hell out of Capcom's Breakshot last year at PAPA. I loved it. Even though it was a 90's table it really felt like a throwback to older tables. I loved the middle where you can lock balls for Multiball. Shame a lot of people didn't get a chance to play it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
LASER CUE! Most underrated and overlooked pin I've ever played. It has a Sorcerer-ish layout, but it's a more interesting game, if you ask me. Too bad its obscurity pretty much guarantees it will never be in TPA.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
LASER CUE! Most underrated and overlooked pin I've ever played. It has a Sorcerer-ish layout, but it's a more interesting game, if you ask me. Too bad its obscurity pretty much guarantees it will never be in TPA.

I hope that's not the case. I know they are going for the popular ones, but don't see how it will hurt getting more obscure ones out eventually when it gets off the ground more. Personally, while I know popular = more sales, I think at the same time, it's good to get something quality out that is lesser known. I know it's a catch 22, but I'm a bit disappointed that some compilations like a couple of the Namco Museums keep reusing the popular games and avoid lesser known games. I don't think popularity should be the only factor when releasing games.

Last edited:

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I loved Eight Ball Deluxe. Got to play it again after probably 25 years a few weeks ago. I have some real nostalgia for that one.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I'm a bit disappointed that some compilations like a couple of the Namco Museums keep reusing the popular games and avoid lesser known games. I don't think popularity should be the only factor when releasing games.

Actually, the PS1 original Namco Museums (Vol 1-3) would throw in a few obscure titles along with their classic hits. The 4th and 5th volumes had almost all obscure titles. Many reviewers complained about that, and sales were sluggish, so they stopped doing it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
The only machine I've actually played on there was Eight Ball Deluxe, but since we were only allowed to vote for one, I had to use the pinball quality formula:

pre 1992 < 1992 or later.

Since Sharkey's Shootout was a 2000 table (from Stern, no less, masters of the modern), that made it better than Cue Ball Wizard and Breakshot.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

I've never played it, but it looks great.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
The only machine I've actually played on there was Eight Ball Deluxe, but since we were only allowed to vote for one, I had to use the pinball quality formula:

pre 1992 < 1992 or later.

Since Sharkey's Shootout was a 2000 table (from Stern, no less, masters of the modern), that made it better than Cue Ball Wizard and Breakshot.

I disagree with this formula as well, especially since Sharkey's Shootout borrows heavily from Eight Ball Deluxe. While Stern makes some nice tables, there are many games from other companies that are of equal or better quality. Not to mention that their 1999-2001 tables have mostly mixed reviews. It's also mostly the same staff from Data East and Sega, but some tables are from designers who used to work for Bally/Williams like Pat Lawlor, George Gomez and Steve Ritchie. Stern still uses DMD too. Some nice tables with cool features, but nothing really stands out as more modern than stuff that came out over 10 years ago. Jersey Jack is making a table with a full color LCD screen and Pinball 2000 was a neat experiment that while didn't work out as well as expected, still resulted in a couple nice tables.

Also one interesting note. While Sharkey's Shootout isn't licensed, it does have a real life pool player's likeness in it, Jeanette Lee.

Actually, the PS1 original Namco Museums (Vol 1-3) would throw in a few obscure titles along with their classic hits. The 4th and 5th volumes had almost all obscure titles. Many reviewers complained about that, and sales were sluggish, so they stopped doing it.

That's why I said "a couple" of the Namco Museums. I wasn't referring to the PS1 collections. Namco actually made a 6th PSX collection in Japan, Namco Museum Encore, with Rolling Thunder, Metro Cross, Dragon Saber, and a couple others on it. While it's true the 4th and 5th collections didn't get the best reviews, I thought the reason they stopped was becuase they used a letter in "Namco" for each collection, with the 5th one being the last. Lack of sales in the US could be why Encore didn't come here, though. I'm aware that the Wii collection has some obscure games, as well. I was referring more to stuff like the GCN/PS2/Xbox Namco Museum, the GBA Namco Museum, the DS Namco Museum (though it does have Dig Dug II), and Namco Museum 50th.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.