The OTHER PS3 PSN Pinball games (Besides Zen & PA)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Has anybody tried any of the PSN downloadable pinball games? I'm specifically referring to:

- Pinballistik
- Pinball Heroes
- Pinball Dreams Mini
- Pinball Fantasies Mini

Are any of these any good? How do the Mini versions of Dreams/Fantasies compare to, say, the PC versions?

Tabe

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I had Pinballistik but recently deleted it because I didnt like it and they stopped supporting the game.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I have them all except Pinballistik. Pinball Dreams and Fantasies are great. Barely played the PC versions though (got them on GoG) but I don't think there's much difference. I do play them on PSP though, not PS3. I prefer the 2nd pack of Pinball Heroes to the first pack but Dreams and Fantasies are much better games. I wouldn't recommend Heroes unless you really want them.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Pinball Dreams has some definite differences from the PC version since it's based on the Amgia one, not the DOS version. None of the occansional odd behavior in the physics that happens in the PC and the ramp for Steel Whell more closely resembles Bad Cats like the original. Also, the graphics have been enhanced with more colors. I only played the iOS version demo for Dreams (though I have Fantasies iOS), but I heard the PS3/PSP version is similar.

Shearie

Apr 8, 2012
Pinball Fantasies is absolutely one of my favorite video pinball games. Doesn't feel like real pinball at all but it doesn't matter since the physics are fun and it works well with the fantastically designed tables. Pinball Dreams is really good too but not on the same level as Fantasies.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Pinball Fantasies is absolutely one of my favorite video pinball games. Doesn't feel like real pinball at all but it doesn't matter since the physics are fun and it works well with the fantastically designed tables. Pinball Dreams is really good too but not on the same level as Fantasies.
Yeah, I love Pinball Fantasies. I've only ever played the PC version of Dreams, which is not particularly good. I was hoping to hear somebody say "yeah, I've played these on the PS3 and they're great".

Tabe

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, I love Pinball Fantasies. I've only ever played the PC version of Dreams, which is not particularly good. I was hoping to hear somebody say "yeah, I've played these on the PS3 and they're great".

Tabe
I already said they're great....Granted I played them on PSP so they should be the same on PS3. I didn't play much of the PC versions but I do recall the Minis versions were much better. They were probably based on the Amiga versions.

Pinball Extreme is good too. There is long loading times, but only when you load a table.

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
OK, that's what I was hoping for, thanks.

As for Extreme Pinball, I couldn't handle the load times on the original PS1 release. Since this is the same thing - and not sped up in any way - I'm gonna have to pass. That's a shame, as the original PC version is very good.

Tabe

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I didn't play much of the PC versions but I do recall the Minis versions were much better. They were probably based on the Amiga versions.

I heard the PC Fantasies is actually a very good port of the Amiga one and I like the PC version quite a bit. I think the PSP/PS3 Mini versions have touched up graphics, though. The iOS definitely has improved graphics without altering the graphic style. It also has the option of physics (which is basically just choosing between physics altered to work as they should in 60 Hz or physics that run to fast. AFAIK, the PSP versions lack this option and probably just have the former, which is fine since the sped up physics aren't that much fun). I'm not sure if I'm going to get the HD versions, even though they are made for iPad, since I like the graphics in 2D.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Well I don't doubt the PC Fantasies is good, but I've played the hell out of the Minis version long before I got the GoG package. The Minis version has more vibrant colours and I admit I didn't play the PC version much as I've already played it before and thus played the other games more (mainly Illusions as there's no Minis version of it).

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
You forgot :

Devil Crush & Alien Crush is on the PS3 , each one goes for $6.99 , dont ask me how good they are , screenshots are murky and I dont have it yet.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
You forgot :

Devil Crush & Alien Crush is on the PS3 , each one goes for $6.99 , dont ask me how good they are , screenshots are murky and I dont have it yet.

If they are the same (or smartly enhanced versions) of the PC-Engine originals, then these are great fantasy pinball games. There's an entire thread devoted to them somewhere on here.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
If they are the same (or smartly enhanced versions) of the PC-Engine originals, then these are great fantasy pinball games. There's an entire thread devoted to them somewhere on here.

There's also a Super Famicom (Japan SNES) only sequel called Jaki Crush. I plan to pick it up. I heard it's not as good as Devil's Crush, but I liked what I have tried of it. It's also super easy to mod a US SNES (I'm in the US, but I'm saying this to prevent confusion, since the EU SNES uses the JP cart shape) for imports. All it takes is removing two tabs from the cart slot.

I have Devil's Crush and played Alien Crush quite a bit (I had it but let my sister have it, if I remember correctly) and I like them both. Too bad the US Genesis version of Devil's Crush (Dragon's Fury) was altered for the worse. The JP version (Devil Crash MD) actually looks better than the TG-16 version in spots, but the US version not only censored the game, but made the graphics ugly in places, as well. I heard that Dragon's Fury also has a bug where the ball can fall through the flipper that isn't in the JP version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.