Android - Request Relocate 'SAVED_DATA' to a non-protected folder location

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ryan -

The 'SAVED_DATA' file which holds the local hi-scores and goals is normally located at...
/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/SAVED_DATA

With '/DATA/DATA/' being a protected location, this can only be accessed easily by rooted users.

Is it possible to change this files location to a less secure one? making it easier for non-rooted users to back up and protect their data, and allow SAVED_DATA files to be moved in from another Android device.

Cheers

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
This would be fantastic (or send wizard goal progress and high scores to the cloud) - being able to move SAVED_DATA between my Android devices is one of the few reasons I have left to root. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Cloud saves will probably happen when they implement the Google Play Framework

Would be handy to have this in addition to cloud, and this should be as simple as changing an existing path.

We're already a couple of features behind now on Android. Cloud could be a while until implemented.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bump - any chance a move 'saved data' from root only visible location, and restore back, function could be added?

As a suggestion, it could be similar to the current 'manage table' option, which is effectively deleting files in a root only location.

I'd imagine something like 2 separate buttons, one which would move the file from

"/DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data"
to...
"/MNT/SDCARD/saved_data"

and the other button the reverse direction to put files back to where to the app uses them again.

I'd love to be able to get my highscores/achievements across from my rooted tablet to my non-rooted phone.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Manage tables isn't removing tables from a root only location, what makes you think that?

I thought the table files were root visible only. Sorry if it's not the case.

If it's not, could the files still be moved through an in-app command?

If not movable, could the 'saved_data' file be permanently relocated to a non root only visible location?

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
The leaderboards could be used to store all high scores and provide them if necessary. At the moment the leaderboard knows and shows my WEEKLY and MONTHLY top score. Ingame, however, I might not see any of my hiscores at all, particularly if my scores are too low to compete with the default entries.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The leaderboards could be used to store all high scores and provide them if necessary. At the moment the leaderboard knows and shows my WEEKLY and MONTHLY top score. Ingame, however, I might not see any of my hiscores at all, particularly if my scores are too low to compete with the default entries.

I'll say it again (but I'm sure we all know and want this like, yesterday...)

Google. Play. Games. Framework.

1. Achievements.

2. Leaderboards.

3. Cloud Save.

It's all you need.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.