Hello and welcome

Furnessly

Jun 7, 2013
Hi, I'm Furnessly and have joined these neck of the woods hoping to breakaway from places where the majority of members are crazy over anime/RPG/FPS games like many places online and I'm not into those things.

While I have played a load of video games both in the arcade and consoles, I've hardly played any pinball since I haven't seen many machines. I think I did play the Gottlieb Super Mario Bros. machine in a bar in Gran Canaria when I was very young and later on Sega Harley Davidson in a bar somewhere in Spain (at least I think it was that machine) years ago, yes my first ones I played aren't considered any good at all by pinball fans. Before TPA, I did played pinball offshoots of games from Sonic Spinball, Pokemon Pinball to Space Cadet that came free on older computers but it was The Pinball Arcade that blossomed a love of virtual pinball. Surprised that my favourite table (out of the 4 core and the Cactus Canyon/Central Park pack that were downloaded) has been Black Hole even though I have enjoyed all the tables that I have played. While I have also downloaded demos of Zen as well (Zen Pinball 2 and Star Wars Pinball), I always find myself back to TPA and play it nearly every day even if Zen has better presentation/less bugs. Maybe because it is based on proper pinball machines? More fun? Who knows?

Since I have very poor reaction times and can't do many physical things, it means that I'm rubbish on proper pinball however it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a similar feeling... Besides pinball is arcade fun.

Anyway when I'm not playing TPA or playing video games on various consoles (right now it is Burnout 3 on the original Xbox) or looking up things, I just relax since a lot of things can be stressful. Plus it seems like a good place where they are passionate about pinball whether virtual or the real kind. Thanks.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
welcome to the group man!

we have members of all skill levels and experience and tastes (some even like harley!;) )

glad to have another blackhole lover

look forward to more posts

mrgamesmaster

May 29, 2013
Welcome to the site. I do like Black Hole quite a bit...that lower level took me a little bit to get used to since the flippers are upside down, but now it's like second nature to me. Of course, when multiball comes around, that's when things really get interesting. ;p I did play Sonic Spinball back in the Genesis days, but let's face it, there's nothing like good ol' fashioned pinball. :)

Keep practicing on the TPA tables and I'm sure you'll get better on the real ones.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
hi there. Both kinds of pinball real (physical table) and virtual (video) are "proper" its just two ways of doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.