Request Unable to keep resized window - always reverts back to original size

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
I've been a Pinball Arcade fan since day one - but because I was running an older Mac, I could only play on my iPad. I finally bought a new iMac last week, and started buying all the tables once again. Everything is just perfect except I haven't been able to keep my resized window after I close or quit the game. Is this some sort of a bug, or can I somehow keep the resized window stored. Thanks for your help

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Sadly, the Mac version is a straight port from the iOS version. You may hove noticed that the navigation on a Mac is very iPad-like. The graphics also leave quite a bit to be desired. The consoles (and, presumably, a future Windows version) have far superior graphics. You can't even change the controls to different keys. I have to use Cmd-Ctrl-F (or the menus) to toggle full screen. Mac apps should have a fullscreen widget in the upper-right corner.

To get to the point, I doubt that we'll see improvements any time soon. I'd be happy if TPA just defaulted to full screen.

Jul 2, 2012
I've been a Pinball Arcade fan since day one - but because I was running an older Mac, I could only play on my iPad. I finally bought a new iMac last week, and started buying all the tables once again. Everything is just perfect except I haven't been able to keep my resized window after I close or quit the game. Is this some sort of a bug, or can I somehow keep the resized window stored. Thanks for your help

Having done some Mac software development myself, I'm suspecting it is probably the case that the window hasn't been configured to save its size and on-screen position into the application preferences. Basically it is a single text field the developer needs to fill in Xcode (Apple's development software suite) in order to achieve this.

Unfortunately there's nothing the end user can do to make it happen if it hasn't been set up during development of the application.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Thank you, k88dad and Tuomas... both of your posts ring very true... I'm especially upset at what you, Tuomas, said... I can't believe it's a single text field that the developer needs to fill in... Farsight, if you're reading this, I gave $100 to both the Star Trek and Twilight Zone kickstarted programs and I've bought every table you've come out with, and I'd like a little consideration... hell, it was a nightmare getting the "free programs" we were promised if we pledged money... hell, I paid for both of them... c'mon guys...

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Thanks, Stuart... I'd really appreciate it...I really love playing the games on my new iMac... even more than on the iPad...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.