A view to victory ....

MY FAVORITE VIEW IS

• Total voters

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
What is your favorite viewing mode ... ? It may be different depending on the table or device you are using but I usually use VIEW 2 LOCKED the most, especaially on the BLACK HOLE.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Jeezzze, considerin you kickin my butt on the BLACK HOLE, maybey I should try your view .....

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It really depends on the table, i think for Black hole i prefer 3 locked because there aren't too many toys getting in the way (view 2 for multiball which is like 1 locked normally) For ToM, it's 1 Unlocked. I can judge my shots best and i can see what i'm doing for the upper rollovers...bonus is huge in ToM (my last game i was pulling 800M end bonus if i could get my multipliers up). I haven't really decided for TotAN since the multiplier is all about the captive balls I'm tinking 3 locked though for that, and for Ripleys, i haven't decided because i haven't really played it.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
hehe, I like to go high and stay rigid ... superballs I'm going to try your view on TOM, I can't seem to get a grip on that table yet. Jeff, you're Strong, that's for sure, but the view to victory for me on BLACK HOLE is still Cam 2 Locked, and if you view the FRIENDS LEADERBOARD, you will see what I'm talkin bout ... hehe

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I should elaborate, my favorite view is top down full screen a la cabinet mode.

My one request for the zoom would be to pan up a bit but zoom out... i think that simulates how my attention is focused on the table IRL, typically i am focused on from the flippers to just past the ramps, but when the ball is up near the top where there are typically pop bumpers or the bonus rollovers, i stand straigher (zoom effect) and focus on that area.

Even better maybe would be much like the parametric camera from NHL 2K7 (not the ea game).

Note how the camera keeps focus on the relevant part of the rink but still maintains visibility of parts of the rink that MAY become relevant, allowing you to see what you need to see at almost all times.

BTW, I still play NHL 2k7 to this day, I have 2k10 which i think is the most visually impressive hockey game when in motion but for some reason i cannot control it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I like 1 unlocked - It's the best table view (and the view I'd have on a real table), allowing me to plan and aim my shots, yet still get a good look at the ball when it goes upfield. The only time this view is a problem is when the ball travels to the bottom faster than the screen scrolls. It's a very rare occurrence, but when it does happen, it usually means a lost ball. 2 is good, but you need a large screen to see everything clearly. I don't like 3 - find it rather useless.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Love that video brian! I am getting so hooked on pinball since the release of this game ... I'm pumped !!!!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
High five. 3 locked, landscape (where applicable). Best angles, can only ever see it being a hindrance on tables that use upper-upper mini playfields a la Black Knight.

internethighfive.jpg

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I can't straighten my hand out like that. It's perpetually like that monkey's paw from The Simpsons due to too much actual pinball (and perpetually high-fiving internet bros ;)). Also seems like we're the only two as well. Thinking as to how much I actually move my head to get a better view of the playfield in real life (with the exception of things like the MM skill shot), I'm surprised there are more who don't choose the same option

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
After reading the comments on here, I tried out some of the other angles. Now, I like 2 unlocked the best, except for Black Hole (2 locked), and Arabian Nights (1 unlocked). 3 is still completely and totally useless.
1 is pretty much the view you'd have on a real machine.
2 is the view you'd have on a real machine if you play for the NBA.
3 is what you'd see if you were a six inches tall and sitting inside the machine, behind the flippers.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
hehe ... you know, sometimes within a game I switch views ... I like 2 locked on the Black Hole but sometimes unlock it if I am not sure if SPECIAL is lit in the top semi orbit ... on the Vita you can't see it ...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I've just had an idea... perhaps on devices with accelerometers (iPhone, iPad, most Android devices) have it so depending on the angle of the device, it (gradually) changes the view between the lowest and highest. Keep it as an option and have it customisable so you're not holding it at an awkward angle, but it'd be handy for when you're holding a ball and looking for a particular target, you just tilt the device (no pun intended) so you can see where you need to aim.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts