RFE: Should Standard and Wizard Goals Be Nested in Google Play Games Achievements

Should Standard and Wizard Goals Remain Nested?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
== Poll Thread ==

For those reading this on Tapatalk, this thread is poll-enabled. Open the thread in a browser window to vote.

==Background==

I've been deliberately testing out some games with GPG framework implemented, and here is what I've observed:
- the Achievements component of the framework is presented in a flat structure, however in some cases;
- all awards are visible from the outset.
- some awards are locked and must meet certain conditions before the achievement is visible.

With this observation, it seems technically possible for Ryan to maintain the Standard and Wizard goals structure in the game now (if he must keep it the same to match other platforms).

== The Question ==

Is it better to have table goals nested in Standard and Wizard groups, or have them in a flat structure so any Wizard goal can be earned during "an awesome game".

== Other Info ==

We know that Ryan has the task of implementing Google Play Games (GPG) framework on his To Do list, so in light of this I thought it would be interesting to see folk's preferences about how table goals are tracked.

While there may be certain company policies Ryan must follow when implementing goal tracking in the Android version, perhaps knowing what his user-base prefers may be useful for him when it comes time to implement ;)

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'd say leave the standard and wizard goals separated. It's awkward sometimes and I still haven't managed to get Harem Multiball. But somehow i think it should stay the way it is.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't see a reason to have to prove yourself at the standard level to get a wizard goal achievement. Basically if you have them all available your goal list can still reflect the goal difficulty level (which can be really miscategorized in a few circumstances) but you don't lose out on achieving them.

N

netizen

I can see the benefit of having it either way.

If it goes flat I envision that there would then be requests for 2-3 additional goal/achievements. Things like achieving all standard/wizard goals in one game, achieving all goals in one game, maybe even timed goals, and a way to manually delete goals without deleting scores so as to challenge them again.

Whereas with them nested it sort of does teach your the rules of the game as you get deeper in and get goals, or not, then look to see what they were.

Flat is geared more for the achievements aspect of video games, and nested is more for the understanding of the ruleset, imo.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Another interesting question (more of an implementation point I guess) is:

Do you care if you have to re-earn your achievements when GPG framework is implemented?

Personally, I don't really care if I have to re-earn them. It is actually fun going through all the games again and re-earning the achievements.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Do you care if you have to re-earn your achievements when GPG framework is implemented?

Personally, I don't really care if I have to re-earn them. It is actually fun going through all the games again and re-earning the achievements.

3M on Genie, harem multiball, mosh super jackpot, BFTK, 10B hurry-up, 1000 pts on one ball..........

If I ever get those (except harem-still a pain), I don't know that I'll want to go through the trouble all over again. But that's just me......

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012

It would be annoying, but it wouldn't be the 1st time i had to go back and redo them. I used to play on iOS and I lost my saves after nearly every update, so I had to do it a couple of times on there. Then I switched to android and had to do it all again. Not a big deal but I'd rather not have to do it.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012

Same here, but I still like to see implementation of GPG, but more for the high scores with some achievements (similar to whatever they use for 360).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just list 10 goals in any order. My skill will determine the order they are completed in.
I also wouldn't care if they were reset. I've lost them a couple times before due to updates or beta issues. I also never back them up (yes, my fault).

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
What if there was a system to submit your own goals for consideration for inclusion into the Achievement List?

"Activate all multiball modes without draining all balls."
"Surpass 1 Billion in Bride of Pinbot without hitting 1B jackpot."
etc...

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I see one issue, if the Standard and Wizard Goals not Nested:
What's happen, if you are offline? Temp. during game or in Flightmode ?
It will be a good Idea, if the master is nested, but if the Device is online, a sync update will be happen. To go sure, that there are not different devices are mixed, the DeviceID must be stored somewhere. But here I hear already some people crying : " I have change my device - but lost of them" ; You didn't found the cry "I've reached all HOF etc with the PS§ and take over all results on other devices " You'll only wonder, how was it possible to get this result .....

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I would say that I am against nesting them because it can be annoying to hit wizard goals before standards when a table has just been released, but I don't feel particularly strongly about it either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.