Graphics improvement tip for AMD cards (via Catalyst Control Centre)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Following the tips from this thread for NVIDIA cards, I tried to do something similar for AMD cards. So far, so good.

You will also need to knock post-processing off (it might work with it on, but so far this is the best combination I've managed to find for TPA)
tumblr_mrjlddkyfZ1rv7rwco1_1280.png

Feel free to go higher if your card allows it. Even lower than this will be better than without post-processing (which is a hundred times better than post processing)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Oh, to find that you have to go through the following.

/Program files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Pinball Arcade/Pinball arcade.exe

But once you have it set up there you'll never need to change it again.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks Rudy, will check it out today (was thinking about this yesterday, but was too tired to try) :)

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Easily, or more to the point, post processing doesn't appear to work for AMD cards right now (and needs a little polish for NVIDIA cards)

Post processing might improve in the near future, but right now this is the best way of viewing TPA on PC with an AMD card.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Is post processing the glow from the inserts? That's going to be a bit of a shame because I tried it on my girlfriends nvidia equipped machine and it looked lovely.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Easily, or more to the point, post processing doesn't appear to work for AMD cards right now (and needs a little polish for NVIDIA cards)

Post processing might improve in the near future, but right now this is the best way of viewing TPA on PC with an AMD card.
Almost! I made a SweetFX profile (it's another post-processing thing for colour adjustment amongst other things, but it works for almost all games) and managed to make it look (IMO) perfect:

Firepower untouched
Firepower with SweetFX

I'm not usually a fan of having to use a post-process filter as I believe games should be run as devs intended, but I've found FS err too much on the side of oversaturation of colours. I think mine are nicely muted without looking lifeless :)

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks for the help! It certainly looks better, but my computer can't seem to run most tables at 60 fps. This wouldn't be a big problem, if it wasn't for the fact that, if the game can't run at 60 fps, it seems to force the game to run at 30 fps, instead of just as fast as it can. If they fix that and the game timing everything on the fps, then I could definitely use these settings!

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Hmm, seems like you might need to make some compromises in order to make the game run fast enough to hit 60fps.

Can you hit 60 fps normally before using the Catalyst modification? Because if the problem is that this setting is too difficult to hit 60fps then I would happily try to come up with a 'mid-tier' setting for you.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Yeah, I can hit 60 fps no problem with normal settings, but there's no need for you to try and find something in the middle. I'll play it as it is and wait for Farsight to fix the speed issues.

Members online

Members online