Bug Odd Extra Ball bug

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
When I was playing on 360, I got multiball, g-force accelerated, and extra balls, but after losing a ball while having an extra ball, the ball counter went blank. When I ran out of extra balls and lost a ball when the counter was blank, the ball counter went back to ball one (which was the ball I started on).

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I got returned to ball 1 yesterday as well. I think I was on ball 2 with several extras, I know that my ball one died early and before I got any extra balls. Thats a fairly game breaking bug right there.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I believe that the game says you can only acquire 2 extra balls on one ball at a time. In other words, if I hit the top semi ramp 2x with extra ball lit then went down into the black hole and lit up special and came out back on top and nailed the semi ramp again with special lit, I would still only have two extra balls and not three. Can anyone confirm this?

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I can't even be sure what, if any, of what happens on this Black Hole are standard behaviors. Sometimes the lower playfield stays lit up after leaving, sometimes not, sometimes the gate stays open during multiball after it gets opened, sometimes it closes again, sometimes....etc. There does not even seem to be a pattern of repeatable, confirmable bugs to report.

When I got reset to ball 1 it was after a few ball 2 or 3 EB's, that's all I am sure of but I don't make a habit of looking at what ball I'm on so long as the EB lights are on so I don't even know when it got set back like that.

About all I can be sure of is that I've mostly given up this table as a lost cause and turned to learning Ripleys. I avoided it for a while because the 300+ page instructions made my brain glaze over about page 200. It beats trying to memorize and play around gitches and bugs though.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
When I was playing on 360, I got multiball, g-force accelerated, and extra balls, but after losing a ball while having an extra ball, the ball counter went blank. When I ran out of extra balls and lost a ball when the counter was blank, the ball counter went back to ball one (which was the ball I started on).
It just means that you ran out of all the extra balls. When you collect one the table starts to count your balls backwards, so if the counter goes blank it's perfectly normal IMO.

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
Since the update I can't have any more than 1 extra ball at any time. If I shoot the lit XTRA BALL Lane at top and also The Upper level Capture when the EXTRA BALL lite is lit .... I still only get 1 XTRA BALL

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Since the update I can't have any more than 1 extra ball at any time. If I shoot the lit XTRA BALL Lane at top and also The Upper level Capture when the EXTRA BALL lite is lit .... I still only get 1 XTRA BALL

I'm guessing this isn't on 360, since, afaik, 360 didn't have an update yet. According to the rules here, the real machine only gives out 1 extra ball. Since the last iOS update, the rules were changed to be more like the real machine, so I'm not surprise if this is the case.

It just means that you ran out of all the extra balls. When you collect one the table starts to count your balls backwards, so if the counter goes blank it's perfectly normal IMO.

This is what I was trying to point out from the beginning. The counter on the 360 Black Hole goes backwards and then goes blank when you get a lot of extra balls. From what I read, this doesn't happen on a real machine.

Last edited:

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
I'm all for being 100% true to the real game. The issue was that the onboard rules say that you can have 2 EBs stacked. (just like the rules still say that a hit to the lower level pop bumper closes the gate) IMHO, I feel ALL the TPA tables are too easy, although BH is the least so. One EB is fine with me. If we want these games to retain their challenge , making them easier is certainly not the way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.