Fixed Funhouse gameplay glitch

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Bug Title: General - Right scoop in Funhouse table always ejects ball with the same force.
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: Radeon 4570
Ram: 4GB
Version 0,010
Display Mode: Windowed
Display Resolution: 640x480
Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time
Expected Result: Not being able to predict if the ball can be cradled with right flipper.
Actual Result: Always cradling the ball with right flipper.
Comment: This glitch kills the whole gameplay once you master it. It enables the player with just a bit of practice during multiball to cradle a ball in each flipper and juggle them while scoring millions and millions. Anybody can do this for hours if they have the patience, so please add some randomization, if possible. I've played a real Funhouse not so long ago and could not recreate the juggling trick nor cradle. BTW glad to see that PA Funhouse is a bit harder now.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
This is a well-known property of TPA tables - their kickouts are 99% consistent, whereas a real machine would have more variation.

That being said, I'm going to defer to FarSight make the call on whether to consider this a proper "bug" or not.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I wasn't sure whether I should mention this or not. It may not be a proper bug, but once you figure out the trick, you'll never play Funhouse again. Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:

pinnite

Aug 20, 2013
My family owns the real machine. This glitch does drive me nuts. But this is one of very few things that are not 100% perfect on this table.

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
It can get worse. On my PS3, for some reason, the kickout behaved in a slightly different way once: I could hold my right flipper and it would bounce in a particular way up back into the kickout. Repeat over and over. Made me wonder if those highscores were obtained by just keeping a button taped up on the controller for a couple of weeks :)
I haven't seen it reproduced, but it can certainly happen.

PS: I didn't take advantage of it, just let it run for a bit to see if it would continue.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Labeled as "Fixed" as this is not a bug, but an intentional gameplay design on TPA tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.