Input delay?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I don't know if it's my system or just me. As I didn't find anything here about a certain input delay, I just wanted to ask, if somebody else feels a little delay between pressing the flipper buttons (USB keyboard) and TPA reacting?

For me, I get used to it in 30 seconds. But my first game of whirl wind was brutal ;)

I'm testing on the lowest end PC I could find here, some 3 year old lowcost dualcore AMD CPU with a nvidia 240(?) on xp32 - and of course powered by a hamster running in its wheel :) yet TPA runs at 60fps...

Anyone? Thanks!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
When I first played it delay was messing me up but it seems to have fixed itself now, that's coming from someone who primarily plays it on mobile devices.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I noticed a very small delay right away, but I had chalked it up to not playing TPA with a controller in ages. But after playing CFTBL and constantly finding myself alley-passing instead of hitting the KISS shot and the Slide shot, and knowing that I generally can't alley-pass intentionally while I can hit the other two shots in my sleep (it's the Snack Bar I have issues with), I'm going to say there is in fact some sort of a delay when using a (wired) 360 controller.

I will try to dust off the 360 itself this weekend and compare the input lag apples-to-apples on the older tables and see if I notice anything more.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I noticed a very small delay right away, but I had chalked it up to not playing TPA with a controller in ages. But after playing CFTBL and constantly finding myself alley-passing instead of hitting the KISS shot and the Slide shot, and knowing that I generally can't alley-pass intentionally while I can hit the other two shots in my sleep (it's the Snack Bar I have issues with), I'm going to say there is in fact some sort of a delay when using a (wired) 360 controller.

I will try to dust off the 360 itself this weekend and compare the input lag apples-to-apples on the older tables and see if I notice anything more.

There is a definite lag which is specific to CFTBL on Android (don't know about other platforms).
See this thread... http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...h-feeling-near-the-end-of-the-flipper-fingers
I don't play CFTBL because of this, although you do adjust and stop Shatzing the outlanes after a minute or two.
No other tables other than CFTBL suffer with this on Android.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I also noticed a delay straight away but for some reason it seemed to sort itself out. Not sure what happened.

I use a wired Xbox 360 controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.