TPA not on Sony's PS4 launch lineup list...

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
As the thread title says, TPA is not on Sony's PS4 launch lineup list, debuted at GamesCom. Saw another list that has it in the "launch window" of between Nov. 15 (or 29th for our European friends) and the end of March... which sounds eerily familiar to me of a version I've basically given up on/moved on from, that still hasn't see the light of day (cough*WiiU*cough). Now I realize something as important to their company longevity as the PS4 version will not suffer the same limbo-hell state that that version has, but I do worry that given FS track record with delays/launches, and all that new work involved in doing the PS4 versions right, that we may be in for a lot more of a wait than we'd prefer to admit.

Anyone at FS want to speak up and calm the concerns of the fanbase with something more than "as close to launch as we can manage"? That sure would be a nice surprise.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'd really like to have a better date since I preordered the Killzone pack fom Amazon to get it right away. My main reason for getting a PS4 right now is TPA. If they're not within a month or so of launch, I'd cancel the preorder and just wait for a $400 version when it's available.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
me too have not seen a thing of TPA on PS4.you lucky little devils , you buy PS4 for $400, again in Australia there slugging us $549 aus .big MONGRELS !!!!:rolleyes:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please do some research before posting threads like this...check HERE for complete release information sourced straight from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Scroll to the bottom for a confirmed list of PS4 launch frame digital titles.

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Please do some research before posting threads like this...check HERE for complete release information sourced straight from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Scroll to the bottom for a confirmed list of PS4 launch frame digital titles.

I guess I should have used the term Day 1, or Launch Day, which is not confirmed in the Sony press release, just before Dec. 31. Feel high and mighty if you must, but my core point is still relevant. Six weeks is a better timeframe to work within that 4 1/2 months, but it still isn't that same as "we'll have it available on Day 1". It's also a lot more likely for something to slip off the list of "launch frame" titles into "release date: TBA" status, than a Day 1 title.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I guess I should have used the term Day 1, or Launch Day, which is not confirmed in the Sony press release, just before Dec. 31. Feel high and mighty if you must, but my core point is still relevant. Six weeks is a better timeframe to work within that 4 1/2 months, but it still isn't that same as "we'll have it available on Day 1". It's also a lot more likely for something to slip off the list of "launch frame" titles into "release date: TBA" status, than a Day 1 title.

The comment you made in bold was unecessary and the title of this thread clearly states "TPA not on Sony's PS4 launch lineup list..." which is untrue and misleading.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Sony decides what games are day 1 title, not FS. I think the fact that Sony had TPA in their booth shows that the aren't likely to back burner the game.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
From FB: "We're a launch title for PS4 on November 15th, we're excited about that and hope that you are too."

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I recon Sony asked them to update the textures.

I doubt it. Sony does not concern itself with how a game looks. When they test a game its to make sure that the game is compliant with the technical aspects of the console. That it won't corrupt anything, make it crash, that its compatible with all available peripherals. It would be more likely to go be rejected because the share function wasn't implemented correctly or something along those lines. Also Bobby has confirmed that they are using textures that are higher resolution than the PS3 version. Finally, Sony would not have featured TPA at E3 if they didn't like how it looked.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Sony does not concern itself with how a game looks. [....] Finally, Sony would not have featured TPA at E3 if they didn't like how it looked.

I think you contradicted yourself a little there--and you were right to do so. ; ) And yeah I don't think texture resolution would be why they would delay it.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I think you contradicted yourself a little there--and you were right to do so. ; ) And yeah I don't think texture resolution would be why they would delay it.

By concern I mean that Sony would not hold up approval for textures. However, if someone disagreed with that hypothesis you would know that Sony likes the look of the game or they wouldn't have featured it in their booth.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.