PC - Request Login process handled in-game (no outside dialog boxes)

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
The "Wrong password" and "Login successful" messages should be displayed in-game via the login screen as opposed to being external dialog boxes. This would save people having to jump out of fullscreen to actually see if the login was successful or not.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just tried logging in, didn't get any indication in game that it had logged in and it just froze. I had to alt tab to see the 'error' dialogue stating login completed.

I couldn't then get back in to TPA and had to kill the process from task manager.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Agreed. Also might be nice to be able to unhide password so we know what character we keep missing up when we get it wrong. :)

Ric-82

Aug 14, 2013
Just tried logging in, didn't get any indication in game that it had logged in and it just froze. I had to alt tab to see the 'error' dialogue stating login completed.

I couldn't then get back in to TPA and had to kill the process from task manager.

Same thing happened to me: to acknowledge the log-in status I had to start the game in windowed mode, because it's not possible to switch between Windows desktop and the game in full screen mode without troubles.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, it's happening to me as well. (As well as the game always crashing for good if I do an "alt+tab".)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Here's a temporary workaround in fullscreen mode:

After you Login, wait a few seconds, then press Enter again. Should take you back to the main menu.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Yup Alt and Tab = crash. I have to login every single time I come into game to be able to play the T2 table. Please make it so it remembers the password TPA official site assigned to me. It is not easy to remember and requires me going into a book to find the PW.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I think it would be better if there was an automatic login when the game starts anyway. Having to type in your email address and passwort into the boxes each time is a bit tiresome. Of course, it only takes a few seconds and it's not eating away precious hours of my life ;) ...but it gets a bit irritating after a while and it's very 1990s.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'm working on switching it to use all in game dialogs. Also planning to have it save your login so after you login the first time it'll log you in automatically any time after that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.