Bug PS3: ODD multiball behaviour

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
When reaching multiball at the lower playfield, the machine is showing odd behaviour. Due to this I don't know what SHOULD or SHOULDNT happen as the mechine doesnt handle things consequential:

-When you release the second ball on the lower playfield the gate stays closed untill you open it. This happens all the time and therefor I think this is what should happen, however....
-When the second ball releases on the lower playfield and you lose one ball before the gate is opened, sometimes your flippers stop workig and you lose all balls including the captured on on the upper playfield, sometimes you get to continue to play with the ball that was left on the lower playfield. Out of the 4 times this happened to me (that second ball tends to release at inconvenient time) 2 times I lost all control, 2 times I kept in control after losing one ball.

Then camera issues in multiball:
After 3 ball multiball, and you are left with 1 ball, sometimes if you shoot it back into the lower playfield, the camera doesn't zoom in to the lower field.

invitro

May 4, 2012
This is on Xbox. I've seen lots of strange things related to MB. I don't fully (or even halfly) understand the MB rules, but I'm pretty sure the situation I'm in (literally, now) is not intended. The situation, briefly, appears to be that the game thinks MB is going on, but I'm playing with only one ball. More details:

- The gate is always open. This is by far the major effect. You can play on the lower level with no worries.
- As mentioned above, the camera stays zoomed-out when playing the lower level.
- The upper captive lock is lit, but doesn't lock.
- Same for the lower captive lock.
- And these things remain true for the rest of the game.

I don't know yet if I'd say this situation drastically increases scores. I've had a 9M and several 5M without hitting this "mode", and a few 5M with it. I've gotten bonus up to 500k, and am hoping to hit the max soon.

I'm positive about the above, but not sure how to get into this mode. It may be as simple as:

- Start 2-ball MB as usual.
- Shoot the lower captive-ball hole, which locks a ball, which doesn't come out. This appears to be the key event.
- Let the upper captive ball release and then drain, either in the same ball as the above, or after draining it.

I love playing this table with or without this bug/situation. MB is amazing when I have balls on both levels and gravity is working in both directions. I've gotten some very weird vertigo-like sensations while playing that I haven't gotten from any other table. The whole reverse mini-playfield really is genius. And the non-MB gameplay, while not as intense, is still great fun. Even when this situation is going on, it's loads of fun getting the lower level scores up to max, and then keeping that high scoring (mainly the now-45k lower left drops; that's a million for 6 completions of the bank!) going for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.