Crystal caliburn 2 iOS

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
this could be buried someplace in this forum i'm not sure. Anyhow i came across this gem last night in the APP store after sifting through all sorts of junk. I don't know how to post screen shots from my iPad so i will describe as best as i can. Plug the title into app store search and it will come up. APP costs $3.99

Pros:
- graphics are excellent
- Game play / physics engine is great
- multi ball earned through 3 locks
- nice reflection on the ball
- has a zoom setting on / off

Cons:
- theres no free trial version
- when you hit some targets words describing scoring come up (if that bothers you)
- not much in the settings (may bother those who want to tweak / customize)
- in multi ball mode camera is over the top and you cannot change the camera setting for multiball mode
-portrait mode only no landscape mode

Note: i would have liked zoom on multiball otherwise the rest don't bother me. If you liked revenge of the rotobot (or robobot) you will like this one to add to your pinball diet / variety.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
The original was one of my favorites in 1993 on my Apple LC II. I have this on the iPad but wish they would bring it to the desktop too.

hootowls

Aug 20, 2013
The have a bunch of other tables developed for desktop; both OS X and Windows.

http://www.littlewingpinball.com/doc/en/downloads/index.html

True, they have their "classic" software versions still up at prices discounted from the original MSRP. Only the three most recent are still compatible with the current Mac OS and none have been updated like Tristan and CC. I've read that neither of those titles have sold well outside of Japan, which might be why none of the other titles have yet been updated - let alone enough to bring the updated CC back to the desktop. One can still hope.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'd love to see Android versions of all of these, especially the updated Crystal Caliburn. Played that game a TON back in college - it was the first present my then-girlfriend (now wife) ever got me. A present for our 3-month anniversary :)

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
another update:
after debugging the iPad mini i traced trouble to the power supply you plug into the wall outlet / AC mains. i had a spare and have the device working working stable on all APPS except this one. It seems the APP needs an update for iOS 7.0.3 to remap the pause. As it stands at this time the game keeps pausing when you flip. the developer has not updated the app . this was a good table that is lost . Again all other APPS are stable as of this posting.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts